the monster pt.1

mike's pov 

"I just... I can't believe she didn't come back," I sigh. "She's gotta be close," Dustin reassured. "She said it wasn't safe. Maybe she just messed with the compasses because she wants to protect us. She didn't betray us," I suggest. "Mike, calm down," Dustin exclaimed. "I shouldn't have yelled at her. I never should've done that," I cursed myself. "Mike, this isn't your fault," Dustin reassured me. "Yeah, it's Lucas and Y/n's," I hissed. "It wasn't their fault, either," Dustin corrected. "It wasn't their fault?" I ask. "No," Dustin replies. "So you're saying they weren't way out of line?" I spit. "Totally, but so were you!" He argued. "What?" I scoffed. "And so was Eleven," he explained. "Oh, give me a break!" I groan.

"No, Mike, you give me a break! All four of you were being a bunch of little assholes! I was the only reasonable one. But the bottom line is... you pushed first. And you know the rule. You draw first blood..." He exclaimed. "No! No way! I'm not shaking her hand," I retort. "You're shaking her hand!" Dustin demanded. "No, I'm not," I shriek. "This isn't a discussion. This is the rule of law. Obey or be banished from the party. Do you wanna be banished?" he questioned. "No," I groan. "Good," he replied. "Where are we going?" I ask. "Where do you think? We're going to get Lucas and y/n. And then we're gonna find Eleven," Dustin explains, throwing me my backpack.

your pov

Lucas and I were playing with his atari when the doorbell rang. We went to the door, opening it to see Dustin and Mike. "What do you want?" Lucas asked. "I drew first blood, so..." Mike sighed, sticking his hand out in front of us. "Come inside," Lucas groaned.

"Okay, I'll shake. On one condition. We forget Eleven and go straight to the gate," I demand. "Then the deal's off," Mike retorts. "Is she really that important?" I ask. "I said, the deal's off," Mike repeats. "Fine!" I shout. "Fine!" Mike repeats. "No, no, not fine! Guys, seriously? Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass? We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party, and those trolls took us out one by one. And it all went to shit. And we were all disabled! So we stick together, no matter what!" Dustin shouts. "Yeah, I agree. But this is the party, right here in this room," I exclaim. "El is one of us now," Mike replies. "Bull shit!" I retort. "Um, no, she's not. Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar, a traitor--" Lucas starts. "She was just trying to keep us safe! She didn't mean to hurt you it was an accident!" Mike defends. "Accident?" I seethe. "All right, accident or not... admit it, it was a little awesome," Dustin blurts. "Awesome?" I shout. "Yeah, she threw you two in the air with her mind," Dustin argued. "I could have been killed! And I probably have a concussion!" I shout. "Which is exactly why we need her. She's a weapon! Do you seriously wanna fight the Demogorgon with Lucas' wrist rocket? That's like R2-D2 going to fight Darth Vader. We're no use to Will if we're dead," Mike explained. "If you two wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, 'cause I'm not spending my time on her anymore. No way! I'm going to the gate. I'm gonna find Will," Lucas hissed as he walked past us. "I need a break... from all of you!" I retort, walking out of the house and to my bike.