the pollywog

I woke up as Steve opened up all the curtains in my room. My head was throbbing and I felt sick. "Get up. Now!" Steve shouts. I quickly sit up, shocked at his mood change. "What's this I heard about you being drunk?" He asks. I just groan in response. "Get up. We're going to school right now!" he orders. I sink back farther into the bed. He walks over to me and drags me out of the bed and to my mirror. "See this? This isn't you. This is someone else," he points to myself in the mirror. "Whatever," I retort as I begin to walk into my closet. I pick out my clothes and Steve leaves the room. I put on (outfit above) before I brush my hair. Steve and I walk to the car. To be honest, I don't remember anything that happened last night. I don't even remember how I got home.

time skip

Dustin burst through the door, apologizing for being late. "We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV club," Dustin whispered. "Why?" Mike asks. "I have something that you won't believe," Dustin whispers.
time skip

In the AV room, Dustin had his box from Halloween. "His name is D'Artagnan. Cute, right?" Dustin smiled as he picked up the animal out of the box. "D'Artagnan?" Mike questions. "Dart for short," Dustin added. "And he was in your trash?" I ask. "Foraging for food. You wanna hold him?" Dustin replied, passing the lizard to me. "Oh, God. He's slimy," I groan. I pass it to Max. "Ew!" She exclaims, passing it to Lucas. "Ugh, he's like a living booger," Lucas gagged, passing it to Will. "Ugh, oh, God," Will exclaimed, handing the thing to Mike. "What is he?" Mike asks. "My question exactly," Dustin smiled.

"At first, I thought it was some type of pollywog," Dustin begins. "Pollywog?" Max repeats. "It's another word for tadpole. A tadpole is the larval stage of a toad," Dustin explains. "I know what a tadpole is," Max adds. "All right, then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic, right? Well, Dart, he isn't. He doesn't need water," Dustin continues. "Yeah, but aren't there nonaquatic pollywogs?" Lucas asks.

time skip

I was trying to find the party. I walked down the hall and saw Max sitting on the floor outside of the AV room. "Are they in there?" I ask. She nods. Max and I get the door unlocked with a bobbypin. I open it and Dart comes running out. The boys all chase after it, Dustin trips and falls over me. "What was that?" Max asks. "Dart!" Mike yells "What?" Max asks. "Y/n let him escape!" Mike seethes. "Why did you attack him?" Dustin asks. "Come on," Mike groans.

I searched around the boys locker room. I looked inside one of the lockers when I heard screaming, I swivel around to see Mike with a broom in his hand. "What the hell are you doing?" I ask. "What are you doing? Why are you in here?" He questions. "I'm looking for Dart," I reply. "This is the boys' room," he adds. "Yeah, so?" I ask. "So you should leave... go home," he sneers, throwing the broom to the ground and storming out of the room. I follow him out into the gym, annoyed by the last conversation.

"Why are you being such a bitch to me?" I ask. "I'm not being a bitch to you. How can I be a bitch to you if I don't even know you anymore?" he retorts. "What does that even mean?" I ask. "What does that mean? Y/n, you've been acting so weird and I don't like it... I don't like you," He sneers. "I have not been acting weird," I scoff. "Are you kidding me? You got drunk last night, y/n! The old you wouldn't even touch alcohol! I miss the old you," he snaps. "No you don't! You barely paid attention to the 'old me.' Nobody ever knew I was there!" I whisper-yell. "That's not true and you know it," he groans. "No! It is true. You barely ever paid attention to me. All you care about is Eleven and it's been like this since we found her," I shout. "Hey! El is gone. You have no right to talk about her like that!" he barks. "Mike, that's the problem. You can't see that there are people out here that are better for you and are still here! Me! It's me, Mike. I'm still here!" I cry. "You may still be here, but the y/n I actually enjoyed being around isn't," he scoffs, leaving the gym.

"Where's Dart?" Mike asks as everyone runs into the bathroom after Will's warning. "I don't know. Not here," Dustin replied. "What?" Mike scoffs. "He said by Salerno's, right?" Max asks. "Yeah, maybe Will has him," I suggest. "Where is Will?" Mike blurt.