A day in our shoes

This is a work of fiction. Some names and characters, places and incidents either are the product of the authors' imagination or if real, are used fictiously for in the case of One Direction. We certainly do not own the lads and all statements, activities, stunts, description, information and material of any other kind contained herein are included for entertainement purposes only and should not be relied on for accuracy.

Text © Yasiirah A. & Zahraa B.

Copyright © 2012. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use, duplication, or distribution is strictly prohibited. No part of the contents of this material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the expressed written consent of the authors.

It was with a persistent sense of impending doom that Heather ran down the school corridors. Cold numbed the tip of her hands that particularly chilly Monday morning.

Heather's POV

Looking around I see no one . Great! I'm the only latecomer. How lucky! Gosh ! I have Economics with oily-haired Mrs Greta. In no way did this make things easier for me. Making my way to my locker, I fumbled my head to look for an appropriate excuse. There was no way I could tell her that I spent all night fangirgling like typical Directioners. She would never understand.

I was desperately trying to get a follow from Zayn who was doing a follow spree on twitter. I was so proud to be a Directioner. Thinking of this, Harry did look great in the vogue photoshoot . But then there was that model next to him. What a lucky directionator. Yeah they are pathetic.

Right now my only motivation to go to class instead of bunking was Faith, my best friend and fellow Directioner.

Faith's POV

Where the hell is Heather? I bet she has spent the whole night on Twitter. Zayn was doing a follow spree. Lucky me was now stuck in Greta's boring class. I had just finished doing a drawing of the boys which looked great' but if I had my coloured pencils they'd look even more handsome.

I looked around. My classmates were whispering among themselves and I was literally bursting with fresh 1D news and Heather was the only Directioner in my class. The rest were directionators or haters who had never listened to any of the boys' song. Bored I looked around to keep myself busy and by the window sill, I noticed a black pigeon.

" KEVIN!" I shouted frantically. Instantly everyone turned back and gave me weird expressions.

" sorry ma'am " I muttered to Greta who was raising her eyebrows questioningly at me

Fortunately the door then opened and Heather stepped in. Her curly hair was tied in a ponytail and she was dressed in jeans and a large sweater. Typical Heather!

I couldn't help but smile as she explained to Greta that her bus had broken down. As usual she was scolded and asked to stay back an hour after school as punishment. Greasy Greta never missed an opportunity of punishing us , such a sweetheart !

Heather dropped her bag on the floor and sank down in her seat which a was a table away from mine.Flashing a huge grin at me she began :" so that bitch on Vogue magazine..."

It was going to be a great story! We continued talking for a while, laughing when suddenly an angry Greta snapped at both of us "You two, won't you stop giggling and talking? Come and sit to the front," She indicated us to the free seats, the first one was in the second row, and the other in the third," Heather and I gladly moved to our newly assigned seats which made us even closer to each other than before. Teacher's logic, I tell you. We resumed our gossiping until the bell rang announcing lunchtime. Freedom!!!

I sat casually beside Heather on the grass as I ate my sandwich. "I can't believe we're finally going to London! " I said to her.

" yeh! Time literally flew by heh? It's a dream come true Faith!! UK d'you realise? " retorted Heather happily.

The one thing which made us THAT keen to go to UK was of course One Direction and the eventual possibility of meeting them! Omy Gawd!!!! So 1derful!!

Especially when you lived in Mauritius " paradise island" as it is so-called! There one is judged on what he wears, what he looks like, what music he listens to or who he hangs out with! People are very narrow minded . Like, we couldn't hang out with boys or friends till late or date .That was really annoying.