Revelations

Hey guys, thank you so much.... Nearly 12000 reads.. That's amazing..

We're really sorry for such slow updates.. We're really busy with school and stuffs...

And yeah, another thing, I would like to dedicate this chapter to my late friend Nidhi.. Hope her soul rests in peace.. -Zahraa

Heather's P.O.V

"Come on Fay, we're gonna be late,"

"Yeah, coming," she said sighing.

Ever since that interview with Hayley in Hunt-down, she was back to square zero, mostly stayed on her own.

Even Tyler and Elena were upset after that. Who wouldn't be? Being interviewed for the death of Jake was the worst thing after his death and the opinion poll that we received

pointed more towards Zachary.

After half an hour's drive, we finally reached the court. Off in the distance, we spotted Niall and Ellie talking to Lillian along with Elena. We walked over to them, greeted them with nervous 'hi's' and asked Lillian if she was ready for today. As always she replied with positive answers and reassured Lillian that today she was hundred percent sure that Ted would be released.

With that boost we all went inside, took a seat and waited for the judge to come.

Ellie's P.O.V

We all settled in the second row and I took my seat in between Faith and Niall. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for the proceedings to start when suddenly my eyes fell on Lillian talking to one of her fellow lawyers.

Even from the distance, I could recognize him. I stared in disbelief as I took in his features and recognized that it was really Douglass. My first instinct was to run away but leaving just like that would just make everything worse.

"Could you lend me your scarf please Fay?" I asked trying to mask my emotions.

"Sure, take it," she said and handed if to me and shifted her glance back to Elena who was telling her something about Zachary.

I quickly wrapped the scarf around my mouth and put on my beanie. In this way, even if Douglass looked my way, he wouldn't recognize me.

"Are you feeling cold?" Niall asked .

"Uhmm no yeah, yes yes, I'm cold," I said wrapping the scarf around me.

"Ellie, you're sweating. Is anything wrong?"

I kept on denying all his upcoming questions saying that I was alright but then as soon as Douglass took his seat at the lawyer's table, I quickly took to my heels and ran out.

In my mind I could see his face changing. Instead of being dapper, he was slurring, his coppery brown hair completely disheveled and his eyes full of lust. My insides were screaming and I kept fighting my tears away.

"Ellie, look at me! Something's wrong, I know tell me," Niall said catching up with me.

"Look Niall, could you stop bugging me? I'm tired of you running after me like a little dog! Can't you see I've got no interest in you? Just go away now! And yeah if the girls ask where I am, just tell them I'm not okay, and till then can you get out of my sights?" I snapped at him.

I don't know where the sudden courage came but as soon as I finished telling him, I regretted whatever I said. I couldn't even look at him in the face now. I turned my face away and waited until he was gone to go back to the car.

Niall's P.O.V

Poor Ellie was trembling like a leaf. Her face was drained out of colour like if she'd just seen a ghost and as soon as she ran away from the court hall, I knew I had to follow her out.