Aftermath

Hi guys!!! How are our dumplings doing?

2013 being good to you?

Anyway, this week's shoutout goes to @ijustwrite . You should really go check out her story . It's called 'My immortal" and it's damn awesome and needs more reads.

Oh and in this chap @Existing makes her grand entry. * camera flashes* .

Read on .

3rd person's POV

The garage door opened eerily . In from of it , a lizard about to gobble an unsuspecting fly. From across the street , a little boy watched it, fascinated . Unknown to the woman who had pressed the remote control device on her dashboard , the little boy watched her come home every night. It was his favourite ritual.

He stood there in the shadows and waited . Then he saw it , a sleek black shadow manoeuvre sliding into the garage.

Inside the black Porsche , Lilian Hale turned off the motor and then sat there for a moment staring into the familiar darkness .

For the hundredth time that day, her mind drifted to Elena. She sighed softly , picked up her briefcase and got out .

Lilian Hale is the portrait of what one would tag as success itself . Young , dynamic , amazing , beautiful and brilliant .

Her day, had been a very tiring one and all she was looking forward to right now was her bed .

[Rewind]

Her face impassive, Lilian waited at the prosecutor's table until Ted Collins was escorted back to the holding cell by a sheriff officer. Then she rushed to Tim Scan's office.

Only five days ago the announcement had been made. He'd been nominated to be the attorney general of London. There had been a flurry of press about him and the coverage had been generally very favourable .

Why wouldn't it be ? Lilian whispered to herself as she hurried down the corridor . Ted had been a prominent attorney and active in Republican circles before he was appointed prosecutor.

When she entered his office she could see a stack of clippings on his desks she was sure were about his nomination.

" Lily !" he said pulling his hand forward to greet her .

"Becca, bring me those please ," he politely requested his secretary .

Lilian's POV

" Hi Becca!" I said greeting Tim's mind blowing secretary. I always marvelled at her perfect figure.

" Have a look!" Tim said handing a couple of papers at me .

" I'm sure I've seen most of them , Sir . Congratulations!" I said enthusiastically .

" Thanks , this is for you ." He said .

He had sent for sandwiches and coffee. I started unpacking mine . He had ordered ham and Swiss on the Rye for me .

" Tea right ?" He asked.

"Perfect!" I said smiling at him .

Something's up, I thought rolling my eyes and I looked up at him waiting for him to open the fire.

" Lilian , you must be wondering why I summoned you here ," he said and I nodded questioningly.

He leaned forward in his chair , ignoring his own sandwich and stated:" Lately you've not been doing so bad yourself ."

" Thanks ," I muttered taking a sip of the tea and waited for him to continue .

" You must have heard of the Collins case . "