Back to old times

Lillian heard the steady rhythm of her alarm clock breaking through her slumber. She groped for it lazily and switched it off.

She wanted to use a bit of shut-eye for some time but if she wanted to be on time, she had no choice but to get up.

Lillian's P.O.V

I opened the curtains. The sky was sodden with low-hanging clouds. Most of the neighbourhood was dark except for the café down the street which radiated a glow of hospitality. Most of the people were still enjoying their winter break I suppose.

Wrapping my watch around my wrist, I checked my outfit one last time. A creme button down blouse tucked into a grey pencil skirt and a grey blazer to finish the outfit. For my hair, as I didn't have much time, I softened the look a bit by letting a couple of lock stick out from it.

As I walked into my office, a few colleagues greeted me with hi's and hello's.

I took my seat behind my table and started planning today's work.

"Lisa, could you call the Mr. Di Angelo from the CSID to fix a meeting with please?" I said to my secretary.

She pressed the transmitter towards her ears and waited for a moment before she finally spoke 

"Hello, is this Mr. Di Angelo?"

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you. This is Mrs. Mason. I'm Miss Hale's secretary.The lawyer handling Jake Collin's case and would like to meet you at the earliest possible moment.... Yes... I'll put her on the line,"

I nodded nervously and took the transmitter from her and spoke "Hello, Miss Hale here . I'm really sorry to bother you at this moment but I need to meet you as soon as possible,"

"You don't need to be so formal Lilly. You know it's just me, Chace,"

"Yeah, so at what time can we meet?" I asked trying to sound professional.

"Anytime you wish Lilly,"

"You don't have to worry about that. So when do I come over?"

"Is 11 alright?"

"Great. ,"

"I can't wait to see you,"

"Bye," I said and hanged up.

As I stepped into the Crime Scene Investigation Department building, I was greeted by a few familiar faces. I had been there a few times before.

I was making my way towards the receptionist to ask for Chace's cabin when a young man probably of my age or a couple of years older stood in my way.

"Lilly, I'm so pleased to meet you. It's been so many years. You've changed so much. Look at you. Dressing so formal and professional like," he said offering his hand awkwardly.

Nothing had changed with Chace. 

His wavy brown hair was falling into his brown eyes which were so dark that you could mistake them for black and underneath his lab coat, he wore a plain black tee and dark black denims. The usual him. He looked similar, like I knew him with his badass look and his love for black.

On the contrary to biased beliefs, Chace had nothing to do with being emo or goth. He simply loved black and the look he had wearing all black. To be honest, it suited him to perfection.

"yeah, and you're just the same," I said shaking his hand. I felt the weird sensation creeping up my body; the one I always felt whenever our hands would collide.  

"Since when are you here?" I asked trying to push away those bizarre sensations.

"Two weeks,"

"Great. So shall we talk about the case now?"