10

We arrive at one of those restaurants, where you barbecue your own food.

Kageyama and I haven't exchanged many words with each other. So everything felt, sorta off.

The entire walk over, we just looked at the scenery and every time we locked eyes, we embarrassingly look away.

It was peaceful, yet so awkward.

"Table for two, right this way." a waitress directs us.

When we take our seats, Kageyama takes his jacket off and I instantly pick up the menu.

"Drinks?" the waitress asks us.

"Water."
"Water."

My nerves are getting a hold of me, which is really bad. I can never control my next move that well.

"So I was wondering if-"
"So have you thought-"

Crap. We both spoke at the same time.

"You can go."
"You can go."

This is getting worse by the second.

"I'll go, I'll go." I stop him before he speaks. "Have you thought more about your trip to Japan?"

"Um yeah." he awkwardly answers.

"Good, good." I reply.

WHAT DO I SAY NOW!?

The waitress saves me and comes back with our drinks.

I instantly start drinking mine, with the feel of the room heating up.

"Look Padema." Kageyama calls out for my attention. "Sorry if I'm a bit awkward...this is my first date."

It felt somewhat, relieving, to hear him say that.

"Same here." I sheepishly admit.

"I didn't have many friends in middle school, so girls were never really an option." he says, then goes wide eye. "I-I didn't mean it like that!"

I let out a little laugh at his poor choice of words.

"Yeah, I get what you mean. I didn't have any friends in middle school, so relationships weren't really my thing." I tell him.

"That's great! I mean- uh, not about the no friends part. Or the relationship- I, um. Yeah sorry."

He becomes all embarrassed again, which causes blood flow to my face.

Just seeing him get shy, makes me all bubbly.

I snap my head to the right. Hoping he didn't see my ridiculous smile.

But something else catches my eye.

"Oh. My. Goodness."

{Third POV}

"Tanaka, stop eating so much. We didn't come here for that!" Daichi scolds his buzz cut friend.

But it's not like he listened at all

"Endless meats Daichi. Endless!" Tanaka excitedly shouts.

"Hmm." Hinata salivates over the meat on the grill in front of them.

"Code Sister! Look away! Menus!" Daichi orders.

Tanaka, Hinata, Daichi and Noya, all hide behind their menus, the moment Padema spots them.

"You think she saw us?" Tanaka asks, with a mouthful of Bulgogi.

They all peak above their menus and let out a sigh of relief, once they see her facing Kageyama again.