Kabanata 31

Matapos ang usapan, nakabalik na rin sila agad sa penthouse.

Tahimik na ang buong penthouse at dim na din ang mga ilaw. Dumiretso siya sa kwarto ni Natalia.

Naabutan niyang tulog si Ate Ningning sa tabi ni Natalia. Samuela smiled a bit and put blanket on both of them.

Pumunta siya sa isang guestroom at doon na nagbalak humiga. As she was fixing herself, bumukas ang pintuan dahil kay Polo.

"Why did you say that?" he asked.

Tamad na tumingin si Samuela sa kaibigan. Polo sat on the edge of the bed.

"What's the big deal, Polo. You said tjat you'll kill me if I said anything right?" Samuela shrugged.

Laglag ang panga ni Polo doon. Umiling siya agad at tumayo para lapitan si Samuela.

"No. I just said that to assure him. So, he would let us stay." Polo explained.

"I know, Polo. I said what I said to assure him,too." she fired back.

Katahimikan ang nanatili sa pagitan nila. Nilingon ni Samuela ang lalaking nakaupo lamang doon at problemado.

"I know you are planning something, Sam..." he cupped his forehead.

Pagod at takot ang nasa mga mata ni Polo nang sabihin iyon. Samuela stopped removing her make up.

Tumayo siya para tabihan si Polo. She sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"You will coordinate with him, right? I don't care if you do, but my parents..." he trailed off.

Samuela nodded. She knew the importance of Polo's parents for him. For a guy who sticks with her all the time, hindi niya kayang gumawa ng ikasasakit nito.

"I want to do what's right. If we won't do anything to severe the organization." she tried to explain.

Tumango si Polo.

"Polo, I wouldn't do anything without your consent. If you want your parents to be out of this... we'll do it. I am not pressuring you." she suggested.

"And put all the blame to your dad? Sam, our parents have the fair share of responsibility for it." Polo sighed.

Tumango si Samuela.

"Right. Just sleep for now, Polo. I won't do anything without you knowing. I promise." she smiled weakly.

Tumango si Polo at niyakap siya. She carresed his back slowly, hindi alam ang gagawin. She wanted to confess everything but she do not want to hurt the only person that she consider as a family.

Nagising na lang siya ng maaga. They dropped Natalia sa school. Samuela was a bit paranoid to let her stay alone with Ningning after what happened yesterday.

But she and Uno had a deal. She made sure that he will not cause harm to Natalia. She will not let anything hurt her.

With a heavy heart she went to the office. Binilinan niya si Ningning na ibalita at mag-update sa kanya para mapanatag siya.