37: Primal Instincts Released

As if some bad movie we walked slightly crouched around each other in a slow circle. I can do this, I can do this for Collin. My heart jumped in pleasure as I thought of him by his first name. Charles made the first move, going down on all fours to pounce towards me like some sort of cat. I shifted my weight and let him fall against me with all his force. As he did my extended hand, which I had bunched my fingers together on to come to a point, dug into his chest.

I winced as I felt it enter his hot skin and pierce into his chest. It scared me how my body knew what to do. With my free hand I pushed him from me withdrawing my hand from his stomach. Warm blood oozed down my arm and before I could even take the time to feel sick Charles had picked me up by my neck.

I dangled in the air my eyes wide as the air refused to enter my lungs. I moved to reach up and pry his fingers off of me but realized what a stupid idea it would be. Instead I raised my knee forcefully, jabbing it into the tear I’d made in his stomach. With a sickening squelch my knee pierced and pushed into his stomach further. Hot wet mush and hard bone met my knee and I was instantly dropped to the ground as he moved to grab at his stomach.

I fell to the ground and wretched up the slushy and pizza I’d eaten as I hovered on my hands and knees, my body shaking violently. Charles howled in pain and anger as he wound up and sent a forceful kick into my crouching form. It connected with my ribs in a sickening crack and I was sent skidding across the alley. I collided with the opposite wall and gasped as pain ripped through my body.

Don’t you dare give up on me! My body screamed as I forced myself to get to my feet in time to see Charles lunging for me yet again. I sidestepped at the last moment and he just barely missed crashing into the wall I was now leaning up against to support myself. I looked up and into Charles enraged glare. His eyes flashed and I was reminded of how soft Mr.Marr’s were. No, call him Collin. My mind urged and as I thought it I was filled with a new surge of energy.

This time I made the attack, diving for Charles. I was doing this for Collin. I had to end this so he could go home, whether with me or not. I dove my fist through the hole I’d created and it tore through his bones with the inhuman strength I somehow possessed and out through his back. He looked down amazed at my arm sticking through his stomach. I dry heaved into my mouth and twisted my arm inside of him, pulling it out roughly.

My body was insane. It was alive with pain and fire. Kill the vampire. That was all it wanted to do. Kill it, it told me. Don’t stop, keep going. And so I did, as Charles bent over in surprise I sung with my hand that was covered in his blood and the blood of my torn knuckles with immense force into his throat.

He toppled backwards gasping madly, grasping at his throat. I didn’t stop. I couldn’t. I was on him in a second, straddling his waist as I dug my hand, which felt as though it was made of steel for all the damage it was doing, and tore the cavity in his chest open. I knew that I couldn’t kill him. I was a human. He was a vampire. But as I felt my hand dig into his chest and force itself through bone I suddenly realized how fragile and powerless he now was.

My hand grasped onto his lung and I tore it open, a stream of blood and membrane jutting out into my hair. My body shook violently and in my moment of weakness Charles followed my lead and shoved his hand into my lower gut. I threw up blood as he passed through my cracked ribs and hit my stomach. It coated his face and he coughed madly unable to breathe through the sticky blood and vomit that filled his mouth as he gaped to breathe. I grasped his hand arm and pulled his hand, which thankfully hand only gone an inch inside me, out with all the strength I could muster.

I forced myself to crawl off him as he choked madly. My eyesight hazed and blurred and I staggered as I stood above him. With the last ounce of insanity I had left I lifted my leg and brought my heel down with all the force I could manage straight down where his heart and safe lung lay. I was insane! I realized as I stumbled backwards and fell against the wall gripping onto my stomach in pain.

I heard the sound of voices as I stared wide eyed at Charles who lay twisting and writhing in pain unable to breathe as he clutched at his chest. Ten. My mind confirmed as I wavered and collapsed against the wall. I fell to the ground gripping the bleeding wound of my stomach, blood everywhere.

“Get her out of here!” Matthew roared loud enough to break through my mind which was slowly shutting down. So much pain. Everywhere. Blinding pain. Tears I rolled down my cheeks as I stared across at what I had done. As I stared at the blood and the puke covered alleyway my tears streamed down my face steadily as I shook violently. “Now! I can’t restrain myself much longer!”

I raised my blood covered hands to my face and stared at them as I cried and quivered covered in blood. I’d won. I’d actually won. But I didn’t care about that. Collin was safe.