2: Tardy Already

“Oh come on! Do you have to blast the music?”

Aiden grinned and pulled his car up to the school. “My car, my music, my choice of volume.”

I ignored him and jumped from the car the moment he parked it. “We are going to be so late.”

“Oh well.” he shrugged.

“Yeah, oh well. You’re the one who rushed me yesterday.” I replied, entering the empty hallway.

Aiden gave me a smirk. “Is that a thong you’re wearing?”

I flushed red moving to see if it was and Aiden chuckled. “What?” I asked as I realized there was none of my underwear showing.

“My little girl’s growing up!” he cooed. “Wearing big girl panties!”

“Uhm. . . . I always have.” I pointed out. “Hey are we in the classroom today?”

Aiden stopped walking and groaned. “We are. Come on.” he grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hall.

I stumbled after him as we climbed a set of stairs. “Jesus! Fire drill much?” I asked as he dropped my hand. I bumped into his back and caught myself seconds before tumbling down the stairs. “What the he-”

I was cut short. The words stuck in my mouth as I saw the oh so perfect Mr. Marrs standing in front of us. “Class started seven minutes ago.” he said sternly, his muscular arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Sorry sir.” I mumbled as his eyes met mine.

I instantly looked down at the ground. There was something about his eyes that threw me off. I shifted uncomfortably. 

“Yeah so why are you in the hall and not the classroom?” Aiden sassed him as he walked past him and into the classroom.

I followed him, looking down at my heeled shoes as I skirted past Mr. Marrs and into the room.  Everyone looked up at Aiden and I as we stood at the front of the room. There were only two desks open in the center back directly beside each other.

“Great I’m stuck with you for a semester.” I groaned playfully as I took the seat on the right and slung my book bag over the seat.

I carefully crossed my legs, allowing one of my stiletto shoed feet to dangle in the aisle. Mr. Marrs closed the door behind him as he entered the room and looked over the class. “Since it’s the first official day of school I decided to start the year off right. . . With a test.” he announced.

Everybody groaned in unison, save for two or three of the smart kids. I remained silent. I felt uncomfortable and on edge. It was like something was wrong. . . . I just couldn’t put my finger on what. It wasn’t the test, I’m that much of a wimp.

“Do not turn the over until I say so. You will have five minutes to complete the test. You must answer all of the questions. Complete sentences are not necessary, this is World Studies, not communications class.”

I handed Aiden his sheet and pulled out a pencil. “Well at least he’s got some good ideas.” Aiden whispered to me as he rolled his eyes.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and I looked up straight into Mr. Marrs eyes as he hovered in front of our desk.  “You may begin.” He said this to the class but he looked directly at me.

I swallowed and turned over the paper.

“Without using the words: Bathroom, Restroom, Shit, Poop, Pee or Piss In fifteen words or less; how would you say you had to use the bathroom?”

I reread the question and blinked. This had to be a joke. I looked around the classroom and everyone had an expression similar to mine; completely bewildered.

“You now have four minutes.” Mr. Marrs said with a pleased smile as he examined our faces.

May I be excused, I have to drop some kiddies off at the pool.

I wrote this with a small amused smile. This was definitely not the kind of test I, or anyone else in my class, had been expecting. The questions got more and more bizarre until finally I had finished scrawling out the answer to the very last one.

“And. . . . Time.” Mr. Marrs said as he looked down at his watch.

After a quick scan of the class I noticed the smiles plastered on everybody’s faces. “Well that was unusual.” Aiden muttered as he set down his pen.

I nodded. “Yeah. But what did it have to do with World Studies?”

“It has everything to do with World Studies; miss…” Mr. Marrs said from the front of the class and everyone turned to see who he was waiting for. It was me.

Speak woman speak! “Isadora.” I replied calmly as I regained my composure. I couldn’t put my finger on it but something about him was making me feel alert to his every action.

“Isadora asked what did this test have to do with World Studies…”

I zoned out as the class went by. More often then not I found myself sketching absent mindedly in my notebook. The soft whispers of Aiden doing his routine flirting came from beside me but I tuned them out.

“Aiden and Isadora I would appreciate it if you stay a moment after the bell.”

My heart fell as I heard the bell chime and looked over at Aiden. “Cocksucker.” he hissed quietly to me then got to his feet and ruffled his hair. “Yeah what is it?” He asked Mr. Marrs.

Now Aiden was a cocky asshole but even he usually respected teachers to some extent. I was surprised to see how nonchalant he was being with Mr. Marrs. Maybe it just seemed that Aiden was irritatingly calm only because I was so nervous?

“I do hope you and your girlfriend do not plan on making many late entrances this year.” Mr. Marrs said calmly as we stood at his desk.

“I’m not his girlfriend.” I said quickly as I watched his hands as he sorted through the tests we had handed in. I couldn’t bare to meet his eyes.

“Well whatever the case I’d appreciate it if you arrived on time.”

Aiden chuckled. “Yeah sure man.”