8: Jake the Jock

His lips were so soft and unexpected it took me a moment to react. I pulled away after a few seconds and raised my hands up, pressing them against his chest to create a safe amout of space between us. “Whoa, Jake.”

He gave me a confused smile, our ecology presentation on the table behind him. “What?”

“You’re nice and all. . . But just friends.” I informed him. We weren’t even really friends. Remember super jock who complimented me on the first day of school? The one who’s name I didn’t remember? Yeah well his name is Jake.

Jake the jock. I mean I know Aiden had been teasing me, saying that I liked Jake just because I agreed to be his ecology partner. I most certainly did not.

Sure, my make over was supposed to help me gain some popularity. But it was just so the girls would stop acting like I was Aiden’s charity case. I felt bad that he constantly was getting shit from them for being best friends with a girl who dressed in sweats and tank tops. So I changed my outfit and expanded my horizons. Funny thing was that I actually liked my new style. But I hadn’t done it to get guys.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Jake asked his eyes scanning over me as he ran his hand through his short brown hair.

“No.”

“Then why not?”

I sighed. “I barely know you.”

“You like Aiden don’t you?”

At that comment I laughed. Aiden? That kid is a total asshole. Great friend but a boyfriend? He would be a most horrible boyfriend. “No no no no. That would be just. . . No.” The thought of Aiden so much as holding my hand other than to drag me somewhere made me laugh again.

“So get to know me.”

I busied myself with writing the last bit of information onto the presentation board. Jake moved up close behind me and I could feel his warm breath on the back of my neck.

“I’d like to get to know you better.” he whispered seductively in my ear his lips brushing my ear lobe with how close he was. Now, had I found him by any means attractive, this would have been a major turn on. But I did not like jake the jock. Sure, he was physically attractive but personality wise not so much.

“Sorry Jake but-” as I turned to face him I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine.

I tried to push him from me but jake had wound his arms around my waist and was holding me firmly to him. His tongue pushed against my bottom lip and I closed my lips as tightly together as I could manage. He growled into the one sided kiss, pushing my back up against the wall.

Now I was getting mad. With one strong heave I forced Jake’s lips away from mine. “Asshole.” I hissed barging out of his arms.

“Oh come on, you liked it.” he moved reaching for me again.

This time I jumped away. “I’m going home.”

Before he could protest I was out the door and going down the hall. You act nice to someone and it’ll only bite you in the ass. Jake had been my ride home. We had stayed after school to finish our project meaning there were a scarce few people left at the school. Aiden was long gone with a group of girls to only god knows where,

And so I began the long tedious walk home. I lived 5 miles or so from the school. Oh joyful. I let my mind wander.

It was as I was thinking about the homecoming dance that my attention was brought back to the present. “Isadora get in the car.”

“I can walk home.”

“Aiden would kill me if he found out I let you walk home.” Jake said following beside me in his sports car.

I laughed. “He won’t care.”

Jake sighed. “True. But come on. Just get in.”

“I have legs. I can walk.”

“I said get in.”

I scoffed. “And I said no.”

“Is there a problem here?” I looked up surprised. Of all people who could possibly drive up at that moment, and it was Mr. Marrs who leaned from his deep blue pickup truck.

“No, I’m just walking home.”

I’m trying to get her to get in.” Jake said loudly, leaning from his car window. “She lives like five miles from here.”

Mr. Marrs looked over at me. “Why won’t you accept a ride Isadora?”

I groaned. I don’t care how good looking Mr. Marrs is. He’s not getting me to take a ride with Jake. “Personal issues.” I responded.

“She’s getting a ride home. End of story.” Jake said firmly pulling his car ahead a bit to park at the sidewalk.

“I’m not going with him.” I told Mr. Marrs as we approached the spot that Jake had parked, Mr. Marrs still driving slowly alongside me.

Jake got out of his car and stood on the sidewalk in front of me. “Isadora get in the car or I will make you get in.” he threatened with a glare.