25: Bully

I wrapped a towel around my naked body and opened the door a smidge to peer out. He wasn’t there. So I opened it a bit more and set my clothes out like he’d told me too. I’d wrapped my bra and underwear in my shirt and as I closed the door my cheeks flushed. Something about Mr.Marrs drying my clothes as I showered in his house made me feel butterflies galore. Of course, I reminded myself, he is insanely goodlooking after all.

I stepped into the shower and let the water wash over me. As I showered I pictured the nights I had wandered to the beach to see him. “I can’t.” He’d said. He was trying to protect me, not neglecting me. I realized, my mind scolding myself for having been so jealous. Not that it mattered, I still ended up making him drink my blood.

I groaned. It was all my fault. I was the bully in the situation. How could I have been so scared of him? I’d been the one to force my blood on him! He hadn’t tried to harm a hair on my head. He just wanted to live in peace as a teacher at a highschool and go on with his normal-well, vampire life. However long that lasted. I’d been the one harassing him.

I finished up showering and shaving and stepped out of the shower. It didn’t matter though. He had a girlfriend. A beautiful one at that. I sighed. What was I thinking? He’s my teacher. He’s a vampire. He’s beyond off limits. I shook my head viciously and dried myself off before slipping into his clothes. My cheeks flushed once more as I caught myself grabbing a handful of the shirt to smell it.

Beneath the clothes my body screamed. It told me to take the clothes off. LEAVE! it screamed at me. I slapped myself. As hard as I could I slapped myself. My hand stung across my own cheek as I told my body to shut the hell up. It was all its fault. If it hadn’t been so scared I wouldn’t have been in this mess.   

As I opened the bathroom door, peeked out and heard the sound of the news coming from his livingroom. I nervously made my way down the hall playing with the edge of the grey shirt I wore. “Feel better?” Mr.Marrs asked as he looked up from the papers he sat correcting at his diningroom table.

I nodded. “Yes.” squeaked out nervously.

“Your clothes are washing right now. It seems the rain will continue for another few hours so make yourself at home. If you need to make any calls there is a phone in the kitchen on the wall near the fridge.”

Again I nodded. I shifted my weight from foot to foot as I looked around his apartment. Since it was lacking a woman’s touch I knew at least the woman hadn’t been his wife. “You can change the channel.” he added looking up from the papers again to see me still standing in the same spot.

“Okay. Thanks.” I mumbled and shuffled onto his couch. I sat on the end furthest from the dining room he sat in going over papers and began to watch the news. It was so boring but I didn’t want to change. He must have put it on because he was used to it. I knew my mom liked listening to the news when she did paperwork. I glanced at him every now and then until eventually I drifted to sleep on his couch.