44: Lies Being Told

Mr.Marrs watched with a slightly amused smile as I made him drive past my house. “Is something wrong Isadora?”

I looked over at him irked that he found it so humorous. “If Aiden sees you dropping me off it’ll only make things worse and you know it.”

“I get the feeling he doesn’t like me.”

“He doesn’t.”

“Then this can’t worsen his opinion of me at all now can it?”

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. “You’re my teacher.” I knew he already knew this. At school he fell into the teacher mode so easily. How long had he been teaching anyways? Years? How old was he? From the corner of my I looked at him for a moment.

“Yes, I am.” he nodded and looked forward out of the windshield as though in thought.

“So I already have to lie about where I was. I can’t very well tell him the truth. I can’t lie and say that I just bumped into you and spent the night at your house.” I groaned. The whole thing was so stupid. “And then there is explaining new clothes. He knows that I don’t ever buy myself anything I don’t need.”

From beside me he sighed. “Isadora I think you need to make some friends.”

“Aiden says that too. I’m perfectly fine the way I am thank you very much.” I huffed. Why did everyone seem to find me some depressing lonesome creature? I really was happy with only a few people I talked to. It suited me well.

“Well, if you had some then it would be much easier to find excuses for time we spend together. I’m sure Aiden wouldn’t go as far as checking up on your stories.”

This was true. If I had some names to use as a cover then things would be easier. “He wouldn’t ask Castin but if I used him it would just start a fight.” I groaned and turned in the seat to look back out he window. “Besides, I have to get the clothes in without him knowing.”

“Call him.”

“What?”

Mr.Marrs nodded to the phone in my hands. “Give Aiden a call.”

“And what would I say?” I asked not sure what he was up to.

“Get him to come get you. I’m sure you can come up with a story when he asks why he needs to. I’ll park here and when he leaves I’ll bring your things up to your room.”

It made sense. I wasn’t too fond of him being in my room though. It was clean of course. But still, it was my bedroom. “There are a lot of bags.” I pointed out.

“I’m not exactly the normal bag boy now am I?” he retorted.

Without me giving my approval of the plan he pulled off and left. As we drove I played with my phone. It made sense enough. This way I wouldn’t have to explain Mr.Marr’s presence. “Fine.” I gave in even though I really didn’t have a say in the matter.