72: Somethings Happening Here

Hello there readers! Just stopping in to send an update your way. I am currently spending my time working on "Lesson One." Until that is completed I can't not garuntee any updates. I apologize for the wait but that's simply the case. I started these stories years ago, and trying to re-vamp them in order to post has proven tiresome. Still; I intend to get these storis completed for you eventually. Thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoy. - Jade

--------

When I woke, my mind was heavy and groggy. Every nerve in my body hummed itself awake even as I tried to control my breathing. Before I could marvel at the odd sensation I forced my eyelids to open and looked over at where Collin slept. He was spread across the bed face down, one of his muscular arms draped over my waist. Though tangled in the sheet of his bed, I could make out the bare skin of his body beside me. Looking down I realized my own skin was similarly as bare. It glowed with life, and I stared down at my hand in wonder.

The dull feeling in my mind lifted and in the pit of my stomach I realized it had been his sleeping form I’d felt earlier. I wasn’t sure how much of his blood I’d taken last night in my sudden frenzy of lust, but it was enough that even now I could feel a connection to him.  

I traced my fingers over his back, gazing down at Collin as he slept. He’d once claimed that vampires didn’t need to sleep as often as humans, but it seemed like every time I slept over I was waking up first. This didn’t bother me though, and traced my fingers from his back and down the length of his arm. Gently, so as not to wake him, I lifted his arm from me and scooted out from beneath. He may be able to lay in bed all day, but I surely couldn’t. My all too human belly was growling with hunger.

I rose from the bed, stretching out my muscles nervously. They weren’t as sore as I’d imagined they’d be after yesterday’s activities. It turns out the stories had gotten a vampire’s ability to last long right, if close to nothing else. Somehow I doubted a creature that took so long to tire would die from something like a stake through the heart. The thought alone made me smile. According to the stories vampires had no heart to begin with.

Not wanting to traipse about his apartment nude, I snagged his shirt from the ground and pulled it over my head before slipping out of his bedroom. Would he be up in time to eat if I made food for the pair of us?

I made my way into his kitchen, hoping that he wouldn’t wake by the sounds of my food preparation. The clock on his stove informed me it was barely two in the morning and I wondered at the passing of time. How much had been spent with Collin, and what had gone into sleeping?

Not wanting to start a fire I pushed all thoughts of him from my mind and set about boiling some water for noodles as I thawed a bag of meatballs in the sink. He’d said the food was there to be eaten, and somehow it made me feel even more at home than in my own kitchen. I set about making the food, turning on the coffee maker to anticipate his waking.

Like a godsend, plugged in the outlet below his coffee maker was a phone charger. I followed the cord to where Collin’s phone sat at the end of it, resting on the counter on top an opened piece of mail. Deciding he wouldn’t mind, I snuck back into the room to find where my pants had fallen the night before. I dove my hand into the pocket, trying to ignore his sleeping form on the bed behind me, and pulled my phone free. As I did something fell to the carpet, and I instantly recognized the small gold coin even in the darkness of the bedroom. I stopped to pick it up before walking back into the kitchen.