Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Black and White Masquerade Ball

Aside from the successful Basket Boys Night, the other thing that the students of Beaufort Academy were looking forward to was the party on the third and last day of the school's foundation day.

It was like a reward for all their hard work and even the student council had the night off as they let the school's administration, who hired the metro's best party organizers for the event, arrange it and all they did was choose the theme. There was a small closing event in the afternoon and after that, all the students became busy prepping themselves for the party. It would be held in the school's newly-built grand ballroom, and was dubbed as the Black and White Masquerade Ball.

Chandria was in Elizabeth's house where they were getting prepped for the party. They were in a vacant room, which was set up like a parlor and where their hairs were currently being styled.

"Where's Lex?" Chandria asked. "Didn't we all agree we'll be here together?"

"I saw her earlier and she said she has a last-minute emergency to attend to," Elizabeth answered. "And that she'll meet us there instead."

"That's weird," Chandria commented. "Did... did she mention anything to you about what happened yesterday?"

"No, not really."

"Oh... okay," Chandria frowned.

"Why, what's up?" Elizabeth asked.

"Nothing," Chandria shook her head.

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow then said, "She was with John when I saw her though."

"They were together?" Chandria said, surprised.

"Yeah. So... did something happen yesterday night? I mean I thought I was the only one who had an interesting night but..."

"What? No, nothing happened," Chandria denied. "Uhm, so anyway, go on... continue your story about what happened with you and Alvin."

"Okay?" Elizabeth wondered what was that all about but she just shrugged it off. "Anyway, Alvin and I are really okay now. More than okay, really."

She recounted the story of what happened to Chandria. From the moment that Marco went to her house and they both heard what they thought was Alvin's adoption and Marco blackmailed her into dating him to what she and Alvin talked about the day before the Basket Boys Night.

"So why did you go with Marco then?" Chandria asked.

"Of course, I had to! I had to fix my problems with him on my own first. Besides, all I told him was to get the hell out of my life because he doesn't have any hold on me anymore," Elizabeth explained. "I told him I already knew the truth that Alvin wasn't adopted."

"Does Alvin know about that?

"Yeah, I told him everything yesterday,"  It was the reason why Elizabeth needed to go with Marco then because she wanted to clear everything first so she could properly explain everything to Alvin.

"So where's Marco now?"

"I don't know. If I were him I'd go into hiding because Alvin's really pissed at him."

In the meantime, Wolf was still in Beaufort, looking for Alexis. She saw her going out the indoor pool building.

"Alexis," Wolf called.

"Wolf!" Alexis said, stopping a few steps away from the door. "What are you still doing here?"

"I'm supposed to ask you that question. The ball's in a few hours, aren't you supposed to be with your friends to get ready?"

"Change of plans. What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you. I came by your house and they said you were here. I have something to ask."