Chapter Twenty-Nine: Courtship

"Sure, Bro," Alvin said before he hung up the phone. He turned back towards Elizabeth.

"That was John, I bet," Elizabeth said. "And you have to go 'cause he asked you to."

"Yeah, he's calling a team meeting. You really know John, huh?"

"Are you jealous?" Elizabeth said, a small smile on her lips.

"Should I be?" Alvin asked. "But yeah, I am jealous. I have too many rivals when it comes to you."

"Go on. That meeting might be important."

Alvin nodded, "I'll see you later."

Elizabeth watched as he left the room and got into thinking as she just realized that she hadn't thought much about John these past few weeks. In fact, she was a bit surprised at herself when she even pushed Chandria to go see John the other night when she was so jealous of their budding relationship before. And now she was wondering when did she accept that what she and John had together was finished and that they were just friends now.

She was still standing there, deep in thought and surprised how it was really possible to get over and move on from a past love, when the door opened and Chandria and Alexis went inside.

In the meantime, Wolf and John were inside the locker room, waiting for the other Titans to show up.

"So what does court mean?" Wolf asked.

"Woo someone until they agree to be your girl friend," John answered.

"Woo? How?" Wolf asked.

"How the hell should I know," John replied. "I don't need to court girls. A Ford doesn't need to."

"Oh yeah? Well if you want me to help you get into Cha's good side then you're helping me court Alexis."

"Didn't you hear what I just said? A Ford doesn't need–"

"I heard you the first time," Wolf cut in. "You forget that this is Chandria's suggestion. Besides, you have that three acts of kindness thing to do, right? This can be your second one so not only will you be on Cha's good side, but you'll accomplish that other thing too."

John paused and thought about it, "Fine. But you're telling that to Chandria. And stop calling her Cha. Why do you even call her that?"

"What's it to you? I've been calling her that since we were kids."

John frowned, "Nothing, it's just corny as hell."

Wolf laughed, "So you like my best friend, huh? Then let me tell you this: you won't be getting anywhere near to being her boyfriend unless you court her. I know for a fact she's that kind of girl too. I mean, she's the one who suggested I do that after all."

John clicked his tongue and scowled.

"What are the Ford brothers fighting again?" Alvin greeted as he entered the lockers. He was closely followed by the other Titans.

"'Sup, John?" Migs said. "Do we have practice?"

John just nodded his head in greeting and waited until everyone was comfortably seated. Then he stood up.

"We're modeling for Chandria's fashion show," John ordered.

He was met with mixed reactions from the Titans: some was fine with it but others didn't want to do it.

Alvin shrugged. He didn't mind modelling because he's good friends with Chandria too after all, plus he knew Elizabeth was modelling for it too.

"What? Why? Can't she hire professional models instead?" Lucas protested.