Chapter Twenty-Seven: Firsts

"Wolf, put me down!" Alexis said. Wolf was carrying her over his shoulder and Alexis was repeatedly tapping on his back to let her down.

"What, you want me to drag you while you're in heels?" Wolf said. "You want to get a sprain again?"

"Of course I don't! Put me down!"

"No."

Ryan got out of his car when he saw Wolf carry Alexis and he walked in front of him to stop him.

"Hey!" Ryan called.

Wolf ignored him and he continued walking, even walking past Ryan.

"Wolf, come on, put me down!" Alexis said.

Ryan gripped Wolf's shoulder to make him stop, "Hey! Where are you taking her?"

"Away from you," Wolf said. "Buzz off, man."

"Not until you put her down," Ryan answered. "Can't you see she doesn't want to go with you?"

"Yes, put me down," Alexis repeated. She started squirming so Wolf was forced to put her down before he accidentally dropped her. But when he put her down, he turned towards Ryan, getting in between the two and shielding Alexis away from Ryan.

"There, I put her down," Wolf said. "Now leave us alone."

"What's your problem?" Ryan said. "She's with me so you leave."

"She's my girlfriend!" Wolf said.

"What?" Ryan said, looking over at Alexis. "I thought you said you were single."

"I was!" Alexis said. "I mean, I am!"

"You're lying again," Wolf pouted.

"Wolf, I told you, we need space away from each other. We said too many hurtful things to each other today. It's better for us to have some time to think."

"I don't need time to think," Wolf said. "I'm sorry, okay? I know now that I was wrong."

"No you don't. I'm sorry Wolf but I'm going with Ryan," Alexis walked over to where Ryan was then they walked away from Wolf and towards Ryan's car.

"Is that your ex?" Ryan asked.

"Uhm, it's a long and complicated story," Alexis answered. "But yes. He is."

"Alexis!" Wolf called. Alexis stopped walking and looked back at Wolf.

"I'll give you the time you need to think," Wolf said. "But do me one favor first."

"What?"

"Close your eyes."

Alexis looked puzzled, "Wh–"

Wolf cut her off, "And don't ask why. Just do it or I'll drag you into my car no matter what."

"I think that's a bad idea," Ryan whispered to Alexis. "We should just go."

But Alexis knew Wolf. Although they'd only known each other for a couple of weeks, she knew him enough to believe that he would do just what he said and drag her with him in his car no matter what. Alexis didn't want to cause any more scenes.

"Fine," she agreed then she closed her eyes.

And the next thing she felt was Wolf's hand on her waist, pulling her closer to him, and Wolf's warm lips touching hers. Wolf kissed her, his eyes closed at first then he opened them and glared at Ryan as if telling him to back off because Alexis was his.

When their lips parted, Alexis stood frozen in shock.

"Think about that," Wolf told Alexis. Then he turned to Ryan who was also frozen in shock.