Chapter Sixty-Two: Alvin's 18th

"Good morning," Elizabeth greeted as she held up a tray full of pancakes, fruits and juice.

Alvin had just woke up. They were in Villa Sorelle, and Alvin was in a guestroom that was without the lock other rooms had. Since Elizabeth decidedly wanted to be with Alvin all 24 hours of his birthday, her parents agreed as long as they spent the night at Villa Sorelle so that Yaya Tinay could keep an eye on them.

She got permission from her best friends too, and they made an exception to the no boys overnight rule especially for this. And for the day, all the locks, except those on the front door and Chandria and Alexis' rooms, were disabled.

On the way, Elizabeth explained to Alvin where they were going and that their adventure was really gonna start when after they woke up. They had spent the remainder of the night on the rooftop, star gazing and talking that Elizabeth fell asleep on Alvin's shoulder because she didn't want to be away with him to go to sleep. Alvin carried her towards her room and laid her to bed. He kissed her forehead then left her to go to his room. But even before he was able to step out of the , Elizabeth woke up.

"Where are you going?" Elizabeth asked.

"To one of your guest rooms," Alvin answered.

"No!" Elizabeth sat up. "I promised I'll spend the day with you and I mean it."

"Babe, just go to sleep, we'll see each other when we wake up, I'm not going anywhere. Not that I can since I can't really open the front door."

"No, if I'm sleeping then you sleep beside me."

"What? But this is... your room."

"If you don't want to sleep in my room, we can sleep in the guest room," Elizabeth rubbed her eyes.

"Babe, do you know what you're talking about?" Alvin muttered with a shocked look on his face.

"We're just sleeping, right? It's not like we haven't slept in the same room before."

"But that was... before you were my girlfriend..."

"What's the difference? We both felt the same way then and now," Elizabeth stood up.

"That's the point. Of course I want to do... some things that I can only do with the person I love..." Alvin muttered.

"Hmmm? What did you say? I'm too sleepy, can we talk about this in the morning?"

"Fine, fine, I'll sleep here with you," Alvin said with a look of frustration on his face. He knew how stubborn Elizabeth was and how pointless it was to argue with her once she had set her mind on something.

"Good, because my bed is really comfy compared to the one in the guest room," Elizabeth said as she climbed back in her bed.

Alvin, with a tortured look on his face, climbed reluctantly next to her in bed. Elizabeth fell asleep almost immediately after she made sure Alvin was beside her. Elizabeth slept peacefully, while Alvin remained restless, wondering how Elizabeth could sleep so peacefully beside him while he had this pained look on his face as he looked at her.

Alvin knew Elizabeth wasn't ready for what he wanted yet and he respected that. So he resolved to looking at Elizabeth's face and holding her hand until he finally fell asleep at the crack of dawn due to sheer exhaustion.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, woke up early. She was refreshed, having rested well last night. She slowly sneaked out of bed as she had Yaya Tinay help her cook breakfast for Alvin.

She went back to her room and slowly placed the tray full of food on her bedside table. Then she gently woke Alvin up, "Babe... babe... wake up."

"Hhmmm... yeah, yeah, I'm awake..." Alvin yawned.