Chapter Seventy-Four: Caught

Alexis was inside her room.

Two weeks had passed since her father's death, and a week since they buried him. Alexis had mostly been cooped up inside her house. She hadn't been going to school, she hadn't even left her house.

Not that she wasn't allowed to, but Wolf was being overly overprotective. Additional CCTVs were installed around her house, GPS trackers were installed in her cars and in her cellphone, and she was followed by a bodyguard wherever she went. Aside from that, Wolf insisted on going with her especially when she had to go outside.

Alexis didn't mind this at first, but she had since gotten grouchier and snappier at almost everyone since after her Papa's funeral.

She was alone, and had grown tired of crying. She still couldn't believe that she was now an orphan. She was now living alone in her house, and had hardly went to other rooms because it reminded her too much of her father. The first few nights, Chandria and/or Elizabeth slept over with her. Wolf wanted to but because they wanted to avoid gossips and because Wolf knew Mr. Christopher wouldn't like it if he were still alive, he just stayed over until after dinner.

But tonight was Chandria's flight to the US and Elizabeth's parents wanted her to sleep at home that night. Wolf had just left her house after taking her home from the airport. The two of them, along with Elizabeth, had gone to the airport to see Chandria off. This was the first night she was alone in her house. She wanted to go out, and forget. She wanted to be with people who didn't know her or what just happened. She didn't want to be reminded anymore.

She got up, and went in her walk-in closet. She looked at herself in the mirror and shrugged, taking her curler and curling her hair in mermaid waves. After that, she dressed herself up in a hoodie, jeans, and sneakers but she took out a small duffel bag and stuffed some fancier clothes in it along with her make-up bag.

Now she just had to shake off her body guards. The moment she went down the stairs of her house, two bodyguards immediately arrived on her side.

"I'm going out," she announced. "I'm driving. And don't call Wolf, I can go out on my own."

She got in her car and her body guards got inside another. They followed her until Alexis stopped outside a hotel. Since she was a VIP, they opened up the hotel spa for her. She went up on the fourth floor, her bodyguards behind her, and had the spa on her own. She had asked to use the Jacuzzi first.

"I'm going to change," she rolled her eyes at her bodyguards. "So if you don't mind giving me some privacy."

Her bodyguards left her, but they didn't know that there was a personnel only way inside the Jacuzzi room. Alexis changed into the black skin-tight leather pants, white halter crop top, silver jewelries and black peep toe four-inched heels she brought with her then applied dark makeup on her face.

When she was done, she went ahead and opened the personnel only door to sneak away.

On the other hand, Elizabeth was at home with her parents. They had just finished having dinner with the Palaezes because they were talking about the course of action they should take regarding the case they were filing against Hope. Marco wasn't with them yet because he had to take care of something else. But his parents said he was coming over.

Actually, he had been regularly seeing Elizabeth. He had been coming over and it was him who told the whole story to Elizabeth's parents. But like they always did, they let their daughter choose which path she should take.

Elizabeth really wanted to press charges to her too. She was really angry at her and she didn't want to let her get away with it. But it suddenly came rushing back to her, like how it did ever since that incident. She would have moments of sudden fear that would leave her angry and sad at the same time. Elizabeth had also become paranoid, easily scared and, like Alexis, grouchy at almost everyone all the time. But she tried keeping it to herself and not let anybody know that she was left feeling traumatized by what happened to her.