Chapter Sixty-Seven: Chandria Santos at 18

"Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to the best debut ever!" the celebrity host greeted. "Tonight we take a trip down memory lane and Hollywood Avenue as we celebrate the coming of age of our beautiful debutante, Miss Chandria Santos!"

A video suddenly started playing on the huge screen up on the stage. It was a video of Chandria, with a voiceover of her telling her interests, her hobbies, her childhood, her family and the story of herself.

The audience watched the video in amusement. The venue was in Blueleaf, a posh pavilion in the south of the Metro. The place was decorated pink and black with modern vintage adornments.  It was her chosen theme mixed with old Hollywood vibes so she had asked her guests to wear black and white suits and dresses only.

Chandria's family was seated on the table right of the stage while her closest friends were on the left side. It was where Elizabeth, Alexis and Wolf were seated. Chris was also supposed to be seated there but since he was with Aaron and Ryan, the had opted to go sit with them on another table instead.

Elizabeth was wearing a white tube ruffle dress with a thigh-high slit, with matching pointed stilettos. Alexis, on the other hand, was wearing a haltered black dress with braided cut-outs on the waist. Wolf, who came with Alexis, was wearing an all-black tuxedo.

The video shifted to a live feed of Chandria, sitting in a white vintage white car, looking regal in her sweetheart-cut blush pink ball gown, embellished with precious stones. Her hair was in an elegant updo and she had light make-up. Suddenly, upbeat music started playing and the video screen parted, revealing John in a black suit. He started singing Isn't She Lovely and started walking in the middle aisle, where a red carpet laid. He was walking towards the door, and when he reached it, the grand doors opened, revealing Chandria standing there.

John smiled at her, and extended out his hand. Chandria smiled back and took it, then John placed her hand on his arm and led her inside all the while singing to her. They walked in the aisle, everybody looking at them, and their faces on the screen on the stage, where a white, beautiful arm chair was placed.

While they were walking down the aisle, white flower petals suddenly started falling from the ceiling, showering them gently. And when they reached the stage, Chandria remained standing while John continued singing to her.

"That's so very lovely made from love," John sang, then kisses Chandria's hand as he finished singing. Everybody started clapping.

"Wow! That was a very splendid opening number from our debutante's escort for tonight, Mr. John Ford!" the emcee said. "Again, let me welcome you along with the debutante to this wonderful night. I'm sure you're all very much excited to start, so without further ado, let's have the lights, camera, action!"

Chandria debut began, and it started off with the 18 toasts, or her version of the 18 gifts. It was mostly her aunts and family friends that were included. After that segment, dinner started along with the photo ops, wherein the guests per table would come up the stage to have their picture taken with the debutante. It started with Chandria's family wherein she introduced John, her escort, to them.

"Happy birthday, Ria!" Alexis greeted, when it was their turn. "You look so beautiful!"

"Happy birthday, Ria!" Elizabeth also said, forcing out a smile.

"Hey you three! Thanks!" Chandria said.

"Wolf, long time no see, man," Kevin greeted Wolf as they half-hugged each other.

"Kevin, hey heard you're finally getting married," Wolf said.

"Yeah," Kevin nodded. "And here I thought I could finally get you and my sister to think about getting together on my wedding."