Chapter Seventy-Six: Runaway

"So you've been going with John to wherever lately," Elizabeth said.

A few weeks had passed since John's birthday party and the seemingly shuffle of partners. Alexis was hanging out with Elizabeth that day. It was actually a bit awkward between Chandria and Alexis because John kept asking Alexis to hang out lately. Alexis didn't refuse him too because it was much better than sulking on her own.

"Yeah," Alexis said.

"And Wolf's okay with that?"

"I haven't really seen him much lately. Not since..."

"Since he asked you to marry you. And you rejected him?"

"I did not! I just... kind of not answered his question."

That night, when Wolf asked her to marry him, Alexis was shocked, to say the least. She pulled her hand from his, and took a step back.

"You're joking," Alexis said. But she knew he wasn't.

"You know I'm not, Alexis," Wolf said.

Alexis closed her eyes, "I... have to go."

Wolf looked disappointed but still he walked near her and put his arms around her in a tight embrace.

"I'll be waiting," he whispered, holding back tears. Wolf meant it in every sense. He'll be waiting for her answer, he'll be waiting for the time she was able to look at him without blaming him, he'll be waiting for her to open her heart to him again, he'll be waiting for her.

Alexis bit her lip, also holding back tears. She opened her eyes and broke off their embrace. She kissed Wolf's cheek.

"Thank you," she said before leaving.

"It's complicated and I have to think about it," Alexis sighed as she looked at Elizabeth.

"So how's hanging out with John helping you think about it?" Elizabeth said. "You're partying more than I ever did my whole life. You've been going out every night, haven't you? You probably scoped every club in town already."

"Ugh, please, Liz, I really didn't go here to be lectured by you."

They were in the Natividad home, lounging by the pool. The two had just finished taking a dip in the pool and were relaxing for a bit as they sat on the pool chairs.

"I'm not scolding you. Not really. If that's how you want to cope up with your grief and if that's how you want to handle what happened to us then fine, go ahead. And I'm really happy you're going to school again."

"But?"

"But... I feel like you're running away."

"Like you are? You've been with Marco everyday too, right? But I hear rumors that Alvin always going here too."

"We're not talking about me here."

"Who's running away now?"

"Fine, we both are. But at least I'm only running away from one person. You're running away from Wolf and Ria."

"I'm not running away from Ria!"

"Then why didn't you invite her today?"

"She might be busy," Alexis excused. "Or something."

"Might... sure, she might be."

"Then why didn't you invite her?"

Elizabeth shrugged, "I don't know... Because she left John just like that? She tells him she loves him then leaves? I'm a little angry at what she did, I guess."