Chapter Twenty-Three: Bestfriends Forever and For Keeps

"Oh my God, oh my God," Elizabeth thought as she looked at Alvin. "Did he hear what I just said? Oh my God!"

"Bee," Alvin called. "I mean... Elizabeth. What are you doing here?"

"I –uhh..." Elizabeth said. "Nothing just talking to someone on the phone. Uhm, how'd you know who I was anyway? People have been mistaking me for some other person because of our getup and so how'd you know it was me?"

Alvin laughed, "I've been with you all these years, and I can spot you from a crowd whatever you're wearing. So who were you talking to?"

Elizabeth's heart beat faster but this time it was caused by something more than nervousness, "No one."

"Then who's getting adopted?" Alvin asked. Elizabeth inhaled deeply from the surprise.

"I... what?" Elizabeth replied.

"I heard you say something about adoption papers."

"I... I have to go," Elizabeth tried to walk away but Alvin got in her way.

"If you're worried about Marco seeing us together, don't be. He's busy with Melissa right now. Look, over there," Alvin pointed towards the other direction and when Elizabeth looked at where he was pointing, sure enough, Melissa was with Marco and she was clinging to him like a leech.

"What... how did that happen?" Elizabeth said, very confused.

"Melissa's a friend of mine," Alvin explained. "We've met before in the States. When she transferred here, she noticed Marco immediately. That crazy girl always had a thing for douchebags like Marco. She's been asking me to introduce her that's why she's always in the gym because Marco was always there with you."

"Then why was she always clinging to you before?" Elizabeth said, unable to stop herself from asking because it's what she really wanted to know.

"Because I'm the only person she knows here. Why do you care? Shouldn't you be more worried that someone's taking Marco away from you?"

Elizabeth blushed and said, "I... who said I care why you two are always together? I don't! If that's all you're going to say, then bye!"

Elizabeth ran away. She literally ran away as fast as she could so Alvin wouldn't be able to stop her again. Alvin just watched her and decided to not push it further. He thought it was enough that for now, he got a clue. After all, he decided that the best defense is a good offense. He had just set up Melissa with Marco and he knew Melissa wouldn't stop bugging Marco from now on. So now he had until Melissa leaves the country to insist on Elizabeth onto telling him what was really happening.

He made a bet with himself before they started the game. If they lose then he'd patiently wait for Elizabeth. But if they win, he would do whatever he can, even though he had to use foul play, just to get her back to the old Elizabeth he knew. And since they won, Alvin started setting up his plan. And now he had a clue.

In the meantime, John was looking for Chandria. He wanted to thank her again because he truly felt that she helped save him today.

"Migs," John called Migs who was with their other teammates. "Have you guys seen Chandria?"

The other Titan boys were by the refreshment table, arguing with each other on whether they should spike the juice with alcohol.

"No, I can't even tell them apart today," Migs answered. "Why do the pep squad even look like that today?"

"Probably a gimmick Elizabeth wanted," Lucas butted in. "Why you looking for her, Bro? We all saw you arrive in the gym with her. Is that why you were gone, you were getting some other kind of score?"