Chapter Eighty-Five: Seven Years Later

"Hi, Ria," Alexis said. She had just arrived back in the Philippines from the US and was on her way out the airport when her phone rang.

"Lex!" Chandria said. "You back already?"

"Yeah, I just got out the terminal," Alexis said. "Where are you?"

"Wait, I think I see you!" 

Alexis looked around and then she saw Chandria walking, "Ria!" Alexis was grinning and waving to get her attention.

"Lex!" Chandria said when she saw her. They ran to each other and then hugged.

"It's so great to see you!" Alexis said when they broke the hug. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, you?" Chandria asked. "Where's Wolf? I thought you two were coming home together?"

"He'll be coming home tomorrow morning instead. Some important meeting came up and I wanted to wait for him but he insisted I proceeded as originally planned. Where's John?"

"In the car waiting. Come on, let them take care of your stuff."

Two women who came with Chandria were there and they took Alexis' bags with them. Chandria then told them to bring the car over to the Ford mansion.

When they got outside, they saw John already waiting for them. He was out standing out his car.

"John!" Alexis hugged him.

"So how's my busy sister-in-law?" John asked, hugging her back.

"I'm fine! And I'm not that busy, you know. You, how are you?"

"Pretty good, now that Chandria finally agreed to marry me." 

"Yeah, I can't believe it took you guys this long," Alexis said.

"Well it's not my fault it took John this long to ask me," Chandria teased him.

"But it's not his fault you wanted to concentrate on your art first," Alexis teased her back.

"Hey!" Chandria protested. "Lex, I am your best friend here and future sister-in-law!"

"I've been her brother-in-law longer though," John laughed. "But it's all good, I knew she was the girl I'd marry and the wait was worth it, isn't it?"

John placed his arm around Chandria and then kissed her forehead. Chandria smiled at him.

"Come on, let's get going, this heat is killing me," Alexis said. All three of them got in the car, with John driving and Chandria sitting beside him as Alexis sat in the back.

The three of them chatted for a while, catching up.

"Ria, have you heard anything from Liz?" Alexis asked.

"No, not since like... a week ago, I think. I've been calling her everyday but she hasn't been picking up," Chandria answered. "Have you heard from her?"

"No, not for a while so I got really worried so I called her Mom. She said Liz is back home with them but she hardly sees her 'cause Liz always goes out and comes home late."

"Since when has she been back? Why hasn't she at least told me, I could've picked her up too."

"Around five days ago, I think. She only probably just came home for your wedding too. I know her Mom came home five days ago and I think Tita made her go home with her since... you know Liz doesn't really like coming back here. Not after..." Alexis bit her lip unable to continue.

 Chandria nodded. She got what Alexis meant and she really couldn't blame Elizabeth.

"We have the alumni ball tomorrow, do you think she'll go?" Chandria asked.