Chapter Sixty-Six: Decisions Made

Alvin saw nothing but red. He felt his anger flare up and without hesitating, he lunged forward. He pulled Aaron from Elizabeth and punched him square in the face. Elizabeth was frozen in shock. Aaron took a few steps back but Alvin wasn't finished. He punched him again and again until Aaron fell back on the floor. Alvin was about to launch another hit but Elizabeth held onto his raised fist and pulled him back.

"Alvin, stop it!" Elizabeth shouted.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Alvin yanked his arm away from Elizabeth. "Why the fuck are you defending him?"

"You're gonna kill him at the rate you're going! Stop it! Please!" Elizabeth went to Aaron's side and squatted beside him. "Are you okay?"

"Shit, Elizabeth, get the hell away from him!" Alvin took her hand then pulled her up and away from Aaron.

"Alvin, stop it!" Elizabeth tried to pull her hand free. "Calm down, please!"

Alvin stopped and then turned towards her, "Calm down! You want me to calm down? You want me to calm down after I catch you two making out in here!"

"What? No! We weren't! That... that was –" Elizabeth started to explain.

"You weren't?" Alvin cut her off. "So what were you doing then, greeting each other? Come on Elizabeth, stop kidding me! I should've believed that stupid photo that you were doing something with that asshole behind my back! I was so fucking dumb and believed that you really did love me when all along you were playing behind my back!"

Elizabeth finally pulled her hand free, "How can you say that? After everything... after..."

Elizabeth trailed off. Then closed her eyes, trying to hold back her tears, "I went with Aaron now because he said he had some urgent problem and that I was the only one who could help him. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay and watch until the end of the game but I couldn't turn my back over to someone who needed my help. And when we came here, he suddenly grabbed my arms and kissed me!"

"You expect me to believe that bullshit?!" Alvin screamed at her. "I saw how close you two were!"

"I love you, Alvin! And I'm not about to ruin my relationship with you over some... something petty and fleeting!" Elizabeth was unable to hold back her tears anymore. "Please believe me. Alvin, please."

Alvin could feel his defenses crumbling down. How could he not believe her when he loved her so much. He knew just how much he loved this girl. He was about to take it back, hold her and apologize for even doubting her. But then Alvin saw Aaron trying to get up from behind Elizabeth, his anger flared again. Elizabeth tried to reach Alvin's face but Alvin stepped back.

"No... No," shaking his head, Alvin ran away.

Elizabeth sobbed as she watched Alvin get farther and farther away from her. She stood there for a while, crying her eyes out.

"Liz..." Aaron finally said from behind her. He tried touching her shoulder but Elizabeth immediately pulled away.

With sad and angry eyes, she looked at him and said, "Stay away from me!"

"Let me explain," Aaron's lips were busted while he held his stomach and his face was contorted in pain. "I didn't know Alvin would suddenly arrive and..."

"I'm not about to listen to anything you say again! I thought you were my friend. Stay away from me and don't you dare come near me or Alvin again!" Elizabeth walked away from Aaron but before she got far, she collided onto someone.

"What's going on?" Marco said. "Why are you crying?"

"It's none of your business," Elizabeth tried to side-step away from him but Marco blocked her way.