Chapter Two: Clash

Classes had been underway for a month. But even if that was the case, Wolf's enrollment process ended in under one minute. All he had to do was hand his transcripts to the waiting hands of his soon-to-be teachers and he was all set and ready to attend classes the next day. After all, the Fords recently made a huge donation to the rehabilitation of the school's library.

Wolf and Chandria just stepped out of the office of the school tailor for Wolf's uniform. The Beaufort boys' uniform was a black suit, designed by a famous fashion designer, with a striped blue-green neck tie and the Beaufort logo embroidered on the coat. His uniform would be sent to the Ford mansion later in the evening.

In the mean time, Chandria toured Wolf around the campus. She showed him around the main building, where all their classes was held. They were seniors that year and they had the top floor all to themselves. It was fully-equipped with their own laboratory, lounge, and even a small greenhouse.

Chandria also showed him where the library, the quad, the cafeteria – which was actually more like a huge restaurant – and the club building were. When they finally reached the field, Chandria went straight to where her friends were to introduce her boy best friend to her girl best friends.

Elizabeth gracefully landed down onto the arms of her co-cheerleaders from the top of their human pyramid. She was the captain of Beaufort pep squad so she had the privilege to be on top. She earned it after all.

"Liz!" Chandria called, waving at her.

When Elizabeth saw Chandria, she called for a 10-minute break.

"Why aren't you in your uniform, Ria?" Elizabeth said. "Practice started hours ago."

Elizabeth was wearing the standard practice uniform of the pep squad. It was a blue fitted halter crop top with the word "BEAUFORT" in green letters spelled on the front, and short black jersey shorts.

"Sorry, I had errands," Chandria said.

"What, are you a cheerleader too?" Wolf asked.

It was only then that Elizabeth turned to look at Wolf. She raised her eyebrows at her best friend.

"Yeah, I am. I already mentioned that before," Chandria playfully rolled her eyes at him. "Anyway, Wolf, I'd like you to meet Elizabeth Natividad. She's the squad captain. Liz, this is Wolf, the one I told you about, remember?"

Elizabeth looked at Wolf from head to toe before extending her hand to introduce herself. "Hey, Wolf," Elizabeth smiled her most flirtatious smile.

Wolf smiled back as he took her hand and shook it.

"So you're John's half-brother, huh?" Elizabeth blurted out when they let go of each other's hands.

"Liz!" Chandria exclaimed, shocked.

"What? It's not like it's a secret you know. Practically everybody knows about it," Elizabeth deflected. "He might as well know that we know."

"It's okay, Cha," Wolf said, a small smile on his lips. "Elizabeth's right."

"See? You're overreacting, Ria," Elizabeth stuck out her tongue. "And call me Liz, Wolf. Elizabeth's such a drab. Oh and I used to date your brother."

"You're impossible, Liz," Chandria rolled her eyes again. "Where's Lex, anyway? I want to introduce Wolf to her too."

"Busy doing student council chores," Elizabeth crossed her arms and sighed. "If I knew she had to skip practice over some stupid student council meeting, I wouldn't have helped her win presidential elections."

Chandria shrugged, "She'd have won regardless anyway."

"Wait, are you saying that your best friends here are the squad captain and the student council president?" Wolf asked Chandria in surprise. "And you're head artist of the art's club?"