Chapter Thirty-Four: Foundation Day 2

Elizabeth's initial reaction was shock. She couldn't believe what was happening. Alvin's hands were cupping her face and his lips were pressed on hers. But before any other emotion registered in her, their lips parted.

"I should've done that a long time ago," Alvin whispered.

Elizabeth was speechless, her eyes still widening from the shock.

"Bee... I love you," Alvin said. "Please, if you have anything to say, please tell it to me now."

"Alvin, I..." Elizabeth started to say but the door opened.

"Lookie here," Marco said. "I came here to see Lizzie and I see trash with her."

"Want another beating, Marco?" Alvin threatened.

"Stop it, you two," Elizabeth said. "What do you want Marco?"

"Where's Melissa? I thought you were cozying up with her," Alvin said. "Why don't you leave Liz alone?"

"That's really none of your business," Marco said. "You don't have any business with our affairs so why don't you run along crying to your Momma. Oh wait..."

"Marco!" Elizabeth said, stopping Marco before he said anything more.

Marco smirked, "Well, if you must know, Melissa left a day early. Besides, Lizzie here doesn't mind me being with another girl, does she?"

Elizabeth had a poker face on and she didn't answer him.

"But she's off limits to other guys. So, come on, we're leaving," Marco said.

"No, she's staying with me," Alvin said. "Do you think I'd let some douchebag asshole take her?"

"What, do you want to play tug-of-war again? You know you'll just lose," Marco said. "Come on, Lizzie."

"I..." Elizabeth said, looking at Alvin. "I have to..."

"Bee," Alvin said, cutting her off and holding her hand. "This is the last time I'm gonna ask you. Please, stay with me."

Marco laughed, "Lizzie, let's go. Now."

Alvin tightened his grip.

"Alvin... I... I have to go with him," Elizabeth said, removing her hand from Alvin's hold.

"Why?" Alvin said, almost begging. "Just tell me why!"

"I'm sorry. But I promise everything will be all right. I'm sorry," Elizabeth said, her voice cracking from holding back her tears.

"Yeah, right," Marco said. He walked to Elizabeth's side, grabbed her arm then pulled her away. Elizabeth pulled her arm back and glared at him then she left the room first, Marco following closely behind her. But before Marco left the room, he turned to look at Alvin.

"Payback's a bitch, huh?" Marco taunted, smirking at Alvin then finally leaving.

Alvin stayed standing there, numb. He had just played his last card and it failed. Elizabeth still left him. At unlike before, he felt nothing now, like his emotions were switched off. His mind was blank.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, was storming off. Her emotions were all jumbled up. She felt angry at Marco, and herself for doing that again. But she had to do it. She was confused at what Alvin was asking her.

"Does he know something?" she kept wondering to herself. But most of all, her heart was beating fast as she could still feel the pressure of Alvin's lips on hers.

Marco followed closely behind her then he grabbed her hand again, stopping her from walking away.

"What?" Elizabeth said, pulling her arm away from his grip again.