Chapter Three: Game Changer

Wolf walked away so fast that Chandria wasn't able to catch up to him.

Only one thing was on his mind then and that was to get away from people and cool down before he hurt somebody. He was walking around aimlessly, his hands on his pockets and his head low, when he bumped into someone.

Alexis was also hurrying down the same hallway as Wolf, carrying loads of paperwork from her student council meeting, when Wolf bumped into her. The papers she was carrying flew around her and she fell on her butt from the impact.

Wolf was pissed, "First my so called half-brother and now this?"

He was about to cuss and curse at whoever it was but stopped when he saw Alexis. Papers were softly falling around her and it was like everything was moving in slow motion.

Instead of showering her with curses, Wolf's mouth just fell open.

He thought he just saw an angel.

"What the hell? Aren't you going to help me up at least?" Alexis frowned.

A cussing angel.

Wolf couldn't move. It was like he was momentarily paralyzed from seeing her. Alexis stared at him for a second with an eyebrow raised. But when Wolf still didn't move, she stood up on her own and picked up the scattered papers.

"Move," Alexis commanded.

A cussing and bossy angel.

Wolf still didn't move and he just continued staring at Alexis. It was like time stopped for him and all he could do was stare at her.

"Are you deaf or just plain rude?" Alexis said.

Wolf finally woke up from his stupor, as if somebody pressed play on his paused moment. Along with Alexis' insult, he remembered his annoyance with his half-brother.

"It's your own damn fault, running around the place and not minding the people around you," Wolf deflected.

"Seriously? Fine. If it was my fault, will you just leave me alone then?" Alexis turned her back to him and continued picking up papers.

But Wolf didn't leave her alone. Instead, he started picking up some of the papers too. When they had collected all the fallen papers, Wolf took the ones she had in her hands. "I'll take those. Where are you heading to?"

"Is this how you say you're sorry?" Alexis asked. Wolf didn't answer.

"To the student council room," Alexis said, rolling her eyes.

"Where exactly–" Wolf was about to ask but Alexis' phone suddenly rang.

"Hold that thought," she said, taking her phone out of her pocket and answering the call. "This better be important, Ria. I'm busy."

"You're what? Looking for a wolf? And you want me to use the PA system to call him?" Alexis said after a few seconds of listening. "Oh, you mean your friend from Australia. Yeah, wait hold on a second."

Alexis looked at Wolf, "Is he an arrogant douche wearing a denim polo? 'Cause if he is, I'm looking right at him."

There was a pause then Alexis said, "Uh-huh, yeah, sure I'll bring him there."

She hung up the call and turned to Wolf, "So you're Wolf Ford, huh? I thought since you're one of Chandria's best friends you'd be nicer at least."

"Ah. So you're the other overachiever. The student council president? That makes us even then because I thought since you're Chandria's best friend, you'd at least be nice."