Chapter Sixty: Barricades

Wolf was on his way back inside, on his way towards the dressing room to tell her that they had to leave. He had been waiting by the front entrance and John had called him and told him that they were out front, waiting. He had tried calling her but Alexis wasn't answering her phone so he decided to go to the dressing room instead.

He was still on his phone when someone bumped into him.

"Hey!" Wolf shouted but before he could react any more than that, the guy had ran away. Wolf shook his head, but he didn't mind it much because he was having too good of a day to bother.

He went up the stairs but when he saw the door of Alexis' changing room open and no one was going out, he knew something wasn't right. Wolf ran towards the room and when he got inside, he saw Alexis' personal assistant unconscious on the floor. He checked and saw that the girl was still breathing, just knocked out. Wolf went in and frantically searched for Alexis. When he didn't see her, he ran out the room and noticed that the back door - another door that led outside - was also open.

Wolf ran out that way. He knew that it was the only place where Alexis could have gone out. He was still hoping this was just a bad prank but the unconscious girl in the dressing room told him otherwise. He thudded down the stairs and saw a guy carrying a girl. One look and Wolf knew that the girl was Alexis. He ran after them.

The guy opened his car door and was putting Alexis inside his car when Wolf caught up to them. He was about to close the door but Wolf lunged at him with a punch on the face. The guy fell back on the concrete floor.

"What the fuck!" the guy exclaimed.

Wolf paused when he got a good look who it was, "Ryan? What the fuck! You're Mr. X?!"

Ryan wiped the blood on the corner of his lips, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Wolf recovered from his initial shock, "Shit I don't have time for you."

He turned his attention to the unconscious Alexis. He went to the open door and bent down to her eye level. He called out her name and gently caressed her face but Alexis wasn't waking up.

Ryan stood up but before he could step any closer, Wolf stood straight and glared at him, "Don't come near her!"

Wolf took out his phone from his pocket and dialed John's number, "Drive back to the parking lot. Now!"

"What the hell is your problem, Wolf?" Ryan said.

"I said get the hell away from her!"

"And leave her alone? Are you insane?"

Wolf grabbed Ryan's collar, "What did you do to her?"

"Wolf!" Chandria called from the open window of John's car. John stopped just behind Ryan's car and he and Chandria got down.

"Stay in the car!" John ran and shielded Chandria. "I'll take care of this."

"Get the fuck off me!" Ryan said. "What the hell is your problem?! I was just helping Alexis!"

"If you wanted to help her you could've called me! For all I know you're taking her to God knows where!" Wolf pushed Ryan. He was about to punch him again but John stopped him.

"Wolf! What the hell is going on?" John said.

"Lex!" Chandria called, her eyes widening in surprise when she saw her bestfriend slumped inside Ryan's car. "Oh my God! What happened?"

"Lend me your car," Wolf told John. "I need to take her to a hospital."

John pursed his lips and nodded, then handed him his keys. Wolf carried Alexis out of Ryan's car and in John's car.