Chapter Thirty-Six: Basket Boys Night

It was four in the afternoon and the fashion show was on-going. The models just started their walks, modeling designs that featured a black and white edgy look by one of the members of the Arts Guild.

It would be followed by two clothing lines designed by Chandria, the first featuring fancy ball gowns for the ladies. It included Alexis and Elizabeth and were, in fact, the last two to go out. They were backstage along with the Beaufort Titans who were modeling last since it would be then that the next event, which was the Basket Boys Night, would be announced. The Titans looked handsome in their suits, which were themed around different characters from comic books.

Alexis and Elizabeth were standing side-by-side, with Chandria fussing over last minute details on their overall look.

"Have you seen Alvin?" Elizabeth asked, looking around.

"You haven't talked to him yet?" Alexis asked.

"I did..." Elizabeth said. "Kind of. But I need to talk to him again. So have you seen him, Ria? Isn't he supposed to be here?"

"Yeah," Chandria said. "He is. I handed him his suit a while ago."

"What?" Elizabeth said. "Where is he now?"

"I don't know," Chandria replied. "Probably changing? Liz, please, concentrate on the fashion show first. I don't want you to trip because you're not concentrating or because you keep looking around for Alvin. Worry about that later, please?"

"Fine," Elizabeth said but she kept glancing around her, trying to spot Alvin from the crowd backstage.

"Wow," Wolf said from behind the three of them. When the three of them looked at him, they saw that he was staring intently at Alexis.

"You like it?" Chandria asked, smiling.

"I... yeah," Wolf said.

Alexis was wearing a white halter mermaid dress, her bare back was exposed but showed the intricate design Chandria had made on its edges. It made Wolf speechless as he looked at her in admiration.

Chandria smiled. Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "Ria, come on, let's get out of here before Wolf say something cheesy."

"Jealous much?" Chandria teased. "'Cause it seems like Alvin's hiding from you."

"Whatever," Elizabeth dragged Chandria away.

Wolf walked closer to Alexis. Wolf was wearing a black and purple pinstriped suit, matched with a dark green tie.

"You look amazing, Alexis. No, you look beyond amazing," Wolf said.

"Thanks," Alexis smiled. "You look good too! That Joker suit.. well, it suits you. It's so you."

"And you look like you're going to your wedding. Well, we did get engaged yesterday so I guess today can be our wedding day?"

"Have you patched things up with Ryan?" Alexis asked, changing the subject.

"What does that guy have to do with this. He's not invited to our wedding."

"Remember what I told you guys yesterday?"

"Yeah, yeah," Wolf gave in. "We did talk. Briefly. I told him to get out of my way, really. And if he's gonna court you it would be better if we don't see each other in the process so we don't get in any more fights. That's what you want, right? No fights."

"Yes, no fights. That's good then."

Wolf had no plans of getting Alexis out of his sight if he could. Besides, he thought he was at an advantage since he was with Alexis everyday in school while Ryan only had limited time with her, so Wolf thought it was a win situation for him.