Chapter Thirteen: Newcomer

"Marco?" Elizabeth said, her voice full of surprise after she turned around. "What are you doing here?"

"Nice pajamas" Marco said.

"Oh my gosh!" Elizabeth exclaimed, her face now clearly horrified when she realized Marco was looking at her while she's still in her pajamas.

She immediately ran past him, up the stairs and into her room. She went to the bathroom, washed her face and changed into more appropriate clothes. After that, she went to Alexis' room to wake Chandria.

"Ria!" she softly called as to not wake Alexis. "Wake up! Marco is here."

"Hmmm? Marco who?" Chandria asked her voice still thick with sleep.

"Marco Palaez!" Elizabeth replied.

Marco Palaez was the son of the owner a major clothing brand in the Philippines. His family was in a partnership with both Chandria's and Elizabeth's families in terms of business. The Santoses imported fabrics for the Palaezes' use. On the other hand, the Natividads, who owned a network company, advertised the brand on their channel. The Palaez was also affiliated with the Sandovals as Alexis' father had served as the company's lawyer before.

It was the reason why Marco knew the three girls. But he's been studying out of the country and only met the girls occasionally every time there's a social event or a party between their companies. And every time he met with them, he tried to hit on the girls because he had this attitude and thinking that he's God's gift to women.

"What? What's he doing here?" Chandria said, getting up.

"I don't know but wake up and come with me downstairs, please!" Elizabeth said.

"Okay, okay, geez. Check Lex's temperature while I change, please," Chandria took a quick shower while Elizabeth checked up on Alexis. Alexis still had a slight fever but not as high as last night. When Chandria was done, they both went down and headed towards the living room. Marco was there and was sitting on the couch like he owned the place.

"Hey Chandria," Marco said. "You girls miss me? Where's Alexis?"

"I really hate him," Elizabeth whispered to Chandria.

"What are you doing here?" Chandria asked. "How did you even know where we were?"

"And who let you in?" Elizabeth added.

"Ah, always so hostile dear Elizabeth," Marco said. "But to answer your questions, I went to your house, Chandria, and your parents told me you girls were here. And your maid let me in."

At that moment, they heard the arrival of another car then after a while, somebody rang the doorbell.

"I'll open it," Chandria opened the door and she was greeted by Alvin and Wolf, their hands holding up paper bags and flowers for the girls.

"Hi Cha," Wolf greeted her. "Is Alexis awake yet?"

"Uhm, she's still asleep," Chandria said. "You're here early."

"Good," Wolf said. "I cooked some chicken soup for her. Can we come in?"

Chandria let them in. Alvin immediately saw Elizabeth whose back was turned at them, her arms crossed as if she was fighting with somebody

"Good morning, Bee!" Alvin had bouquet of tulips on his hand.

"You didn't answer why you're here," Elizabeth said, not hearing Alvin.

"Bee?" Alvin said.

Elizabeth turned her head, surprised that Alvin was there. Alvin gave her the bouquet but then he noticed that the living room was already covered with flowers.