Chapter Eighty-Four: Onwards

"So are both of you officially back together?" Alexis asked Elizabeth.

It was a few days after Elizabeth's debut and the Power A.C.E. were inside the Student Council office because they were waiting for Alexis to finish some paperworks. They had planned a girls day after and they planned to spend it in their favorite spa.

"Isn't it obvious already?" Chandria answered.

"Well, I just want to confirm it, you know," Alexis said. "And yes, Liz, I'm asking if you've both talked about it. It's not like you had the time to talk intimately during your party."

"Yeah, we've talked about it. He escorted me and my parents home after and he stayed... until morning actually," Elizabeth said. "We... we both decided to give our relationship a chance again so, to answer your question, yes, we're officially together again."

Both Chandria and Alexis squealed in delight.

"Oh thank God," Alexis said. "You have to spill the juicy details later!"

"Are you done with all your work?" Elizabeth asked. "I'm just about dying to get a mani-pedi here. Maybe we should've just had them come here instead."

"Ha.Ha. Very funny, just this one last signature," Alexis said.

"Geez, Lex, you're still so busy even though our long vacation-slash-field trip in Paris is coming up soon," Chandria said.

Alexis bit her lip, "It's because we're a person short and... it's too impractical to hold an election this late in the school year so everyone's working double time."

"Oh," Chandria and Elizabeth said, understanding the situation.

"Anyway, here, I'm done. Let's go," Alexis said with a small smile.

"Good," Chandria said. "Uhm, but wait, can we make a little detour?"

"Where to?" Elizabeth said as they all stood up and walked out Alexis' office.

"Just follow me," Chandria said.

Elizabeth's phone rang, "Wait just one moment."

"Hey, Babe," Elizabeth said, answering the call . "Yeah, I'm with them now, we're just about to leave. Sure, you guys have fun, okay? Love you too."

"Alvin?" Chandria asked.

"Yeah, he was just checking up on us. And he said he was with the Ford brothers playing basketball and that they'd pick us up after and we can all have dinner," Elizabeth said.

"Okay, great! A three-way date," Alexis smiled. "Wait... Are we going where I think we're going?"

"Yeah, this looks familiar," Elizabeth said.

Chandria just smiled and told them to hurry up and they ended at the back garden

"What's this?" Elizabeth said when she saw the surprise Chandria prepared for them.

"Yeah, didn't the old swing get wrecked during that storm before?" Alexis said.

She was talking about the swing that was in front of them. It was the old swing where they first met Chandria when she transferred to Beaufort Academy when she was 13 years old.

Chandria's first day in Beaufort had almost ended. She hadn't made any friends yet but not from lack of trying as she did try. It was just everyone had been together growing up and had cliques and best friends of their own so she had a hard time entering their world. Besides, she was also wary as she didn't want anyone to take advantage of her just like how her brother had warned her. She had experienced it before, after all. Back when she was still in Australia, a girl she thought was her friend just used her because of her family status and upstanding.