Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Louis POV

I woke up with Anna on my chest, breathing heavily, obviously still asleep.

Rubbing my face with the hand that wasn't around her waist, I reached for my phone, sending out a few tweets to the fans.

"@MandyLovesOneD: Louis I went to the concert last night and you weren't there! L" Sorry love, I need to be with my family. Love you lots! Xx

"@ThoseCurls: I'm not buying tickets until Louis comes back!" Don't forget about the rest of the lads, they'd love to see you! Xx

I put my head back into Anna's hair and listened to her steady heartbeat, watching her chest rise and fall. I was just about to fall asleep when suddenly my phone rang loudly, causing both of us to jump. I quickly grabbed it before she could wake up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello Louis." The voice said, and instantly my blood ran cold.

"Simon." I said curtly.

"How's everything going? Healthy pregnancy and all?" he practically sneered into the phone.

"Like you care." I said, getting off the couch and into the kitchen so I wouldn't wake up Anna.

"That's no way to talk to your boss, Tomlinson." He said back.

"I don't work for you anymore." I said, acid clear in my voice.

"That's exactly why I've called. Listen, I think we've all said things we haven't meant for the past few months. I need a favor from you."

"A favor? What makes you think after all-"

"Hold on now." He cut me off, "I think you'll like this one. Ticket ratings have been way down throughout this tour so far. We need you back." My heart froze.

"E-excuse me?" I stuttered.

"We want you back. Please. I'll double your salary, I'll give you more solos, but we need you back in the band. It's not the same without you." He sounded guilty. I actually dropped the phone onto the stony floor.

"Hello?" I vaguely heard from the floor. I quickly grabbed the phone with shaky hands.

"Yeah, I'm here, sorry."

"So what do you say Lou? Will you come back home with us."

I almost said yes right away. But then I glanced over at Anna, sleeping soundly on the couch. Her brown hair was sticking to her face and she looked absolutely peaceful.

"...I can't decide right yet. I have more than just myself to think of now." I said, finding my eyes gazing at the floor.

"Well talk it over with your family. But you have until midnight to decide." He said, "I really hope you make the right decision." he hung up. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair before returning to the couch.

I said down and she kissed my cheek. "Good morning." She smiled through her sleepy eyes. I returned the smile.

"Hello love." Her kisses wandered to my lips, but I really wasn't in the mood right now. She pulled away with a confused expression.

"Is everything alright?"

"Um, not really..." I trailed off, becoming extremely interested in the fabric patterns of our couch.

"What do you mean not really?" I didn't respond right away and she made me meet her gaze. "Please tell me," she bit her lip softly. "If I did something wrong..."