Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"I'm so excited!" I yelled, practically bouncing in my seat in the hospital waiting room. Today was the day. In a few moments, I'd be finding out if I was having a Louis Jr. or an Ana Jr.

All the boys came. We tried to keep away from paparazzi but I'm sure a few photos were sniped in the course of the morning. Oh well, if they asked then they'd find out. As much as I'd hate having my child the center of attention, it'd be wonderful revenge to Simon to have the whole world know why the tour was suddenly cancelled or why Louie suddenly quit the band.

"Ms Ana Smith to Dr. Field's office," The intercom went off. I got up with Louie and we walked hand in hand into the small doctors office, all of the boys behind.

Dr. Fields was an elderly man with graying hair and thin rimmed glasses. When he turned around and saw me with the lads standing there, his eyebrows shot up in confusion.

"Er, which one is the father?" He asked. I held up me and Louie's interlocked hands and smiled.

"He is,"

"Then I'm going to have to ask the rest of you to leave," Dr. Fields said, pointing a finger towards the door in which we entered.

"Can't they stay?" I begged. Each of the boys put on their best puppy dog faces and Dr. Fields sighed monotonously.

"I suppose. Are they immediate family?" He asked.

"Something like that," I smiled, settling down on the bed. After a few minutes of hooking up wires and setting up the screen, Dr. Fields began rubbing a wand over my stomach, trying to get a picture of the baby.

Seconds felt like hours as the image slowly became clearer and clearer. Everyone's eyes were glued to the screen as a little head popped into view, then a spine, then the legs and finally two little feet. Dr. Fields walked over to the screen and examined it.

"Well is it a boy or a girl?" I asked impatiently. He chuckled and pointed to the very corner of the screen.

"You see that thing right there? Well, you know what that means."

"OH MY GOD IT'S A PENIS!" Niall yelled, causing everyone to stare at him. "IT'S A BOY!" He added, yelling a victory screech and running out and down the hallway cheering. I shook my head and laughed.

"So I'm still the only girl here?" I teased. Zayn came over and put an arm around my shoulder.

"So what are you thinking for names? Cause I'm sorta feeling a Zayn Jr. coming on..." he chuckled.

"I was thinking no." Louie said seriously, lightly shoving Zayn out of the way to give me a kiss.

"How about William?" I asked, using Louie's middle name. He pondered over it for a moment before smiling in agreement.

"William sounds perfect," He grinned, capturing my lips once more.

"Yes yes we're all thrilled, now lets get out of here, we have more patients," Dr. Fields said, holding a hand out to the exit. The boys helped me off the bed and we walked out hand in hand, the rest of the lads behind us. As soon as we stepped out of the hospital, millions of lights flashed as the paps flooded around us.

I tried to ignore the millions of questions being thrown around, but Lou seemed more than happy to answer a few.

"Louis! Is it true you and Ana are expecting?"

"Yes," Lou smiled, squeezing my hand a little tighter, "We're due in April,"

"Lou! Why the sudden quit of the band?"