Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Crying, I packed the last of my suitcases into the Uhaul truck waiting to take them across town. Simon gave us 2 weeks to move out and we waited until the very last day. I gripped Louie's hand tightly as possible as the truck drove off, leaving us with Lou's sports car to take us to the apartment.

The rest of the boys stood in front of us, awaiting their goodbyes. Nobody moved. We were all too afraid. Sure, it wasn't the last time I'd ever see them, in fact they were coming up to visit tonight to see the apartment, but after spending months living with them, we've been through a lot.

"Don't leave!" Niall begged, suddenly running up and pulling me and Louie into a group hug.

"We have to Ni, it's for the best." I whimpered. He frowned and pulled back. I smiled through watery eyes and ruffled up his shaggy blonde hair. His eyes were puffy as he looked down.

"It'll all be okay in the end..." He said mostly to himself.

He sulked off and Liam walked up to us next, he hugged us tightly and I hugged him back. We weren't the closest, but he was sort of like a father to me, even though he's younger. Wait, is that weird?

"Now Lou, be rational. You're going to be a father and you need to take responsibilities." Liam scolded, causing me to smile. Louis rolled his eyes.

"I think I'll miss your lectures least of all," He teased. Liam stepped away and Zayn walked forward, enveloping us in a hug.

"You be good okay Ana? If Lou gives you any trouble just call me, I'll mess him up for you," Zayn winked. I giggled and pulled him closer, inhaling his cinnamon scent.

Lastly, Harry came over. He hugged us lightly, then turned to Lou.

"I'm going to miss you Boo-bear!" He cried out. I watched as the two big babies cried on each others' shoulders.

"Well, I guess we'll see you tonight!" I chuckled as we got into Louie's car. He quickly followed and we drove away, not looking back.

The drive was silent for the first few minutes, the tension in the car was sickly. Finally I coughed and spoke up.

"You know next week we get to find out what it is right?" I said quietly, looking down at my hands.

"I'm still hoping for a boy," Louis smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"It's going to be a she, I can just tell," I said, patting my tummy lightly. Lou chuckled and kept his eyes on the road.

Finally we reached our destination. What can I say? It's your average apartment in the city. Yellow walls, black roof. We rented the second floor, with one bedroom and bathroom. It was small, as to be expected. The furniture was already placed inside and as soon as we got in I plopped onto the couch.

Walking was starting to become more and more difficult lately.

Louis came over to me, carrying two water bottles. He handed one to me and sat down, wrapping an arm around my shoulder to pull me closer. I snuggled into his chest and we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"What are we going to make for dinner?" I asked. He placed a kiss on my temple and frowned.

"I don't know, but the boys are going to be here in half an hour." He shrugged. I chuckled.

"Pasta it is then," I said, getting up groggily. He chuckled and held my hand as we walked into the kitchen. I reached into the cabinet and pulled out a pot, filling it with water and placing it on the burner.

"You know, I like it here. There's a lot less chaos," Lou commented as he pulled down a box of spaghetti noodles and set it on the counter.

"Yeah, but I liked the craziness." I sighed, turning on the stove. "It always kept me on my toes."