Chapter 8

Please dont hate Annie by the end of this...

We all make mistakes right?

Chapter 8

Everything was a blur. One minute I'm kneeling over Harry's lifeless body crying my heart out, the next I'm in the hospital waiting room surrounded by the boys.

Why? What could I have done to deserve this fate?

Niall slumped into the seat next to me with a bucket of fried chicken in his lap. He held out a leg to me.

"Want one?" he asked, a mouthful of the white meat. I pushed his hand away.

"How can you eat at a time like this?" I questioned seriously.

"I'm a nervous eater!" he defended quickly.

"And a happy eater," Zayn snorted.

"And an emotional eater," Liam added.

"So I eat my feelings! Big deal!" Niall bit into his second chicken leg. Lou was sitting in the corner of the room, holding his legs to his chest.

I went to get up but Liam put a hand on my shoulder.

"He needs some alone time," he stated, his eyes begging me to sit back down. I slumped into my seat, knowing he was right.

When Louie was upset, he needed to cool down first...

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I've hated hospitals ever since Dustin died in one. They tried to save him but there was too much water in his lungs. There was nothing left they could do. And it was all my fault...

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a doctor carrying a clipboard walked in the room.

"Harry Styles? Who's here for him?" the older man questioned. I looked around the room, it was 11 at night and we were the only people in here.

I was too afraid to move so Liam spoke up

"We are." he stood up and shook the doctors hand. I gripped on to Zayn, the closest person next to me and prayed Harry was alright.

"I'm sorry to say but Harry has some head trauma and is in a coma," the doctor looked down at his clipboard. I buried my head in Zayn's chest, sobbing. I felt his hand on my back but it didn't help.

"Is he going to wake up anytime soon?" Louis spoke up for the first time since we got here. He looked up from in between his legs into the doctors eyes.

"Hard to say, could be in minutes or months, we never know." the doctor looked down sadly.

"Is there any good news?!" I shrieked, not being able to take it anymore.

"He's not in pain, and it doesn't seem as if he'll be in here for too long, his brain wasn't damaged too badly." the doctor tried to encourage but it didn't help.

"Can we see him?" Liam asked.

"I don't see much point in doing so but if you feel the need to go ahead. He's on the third floor, room 308.

I jumped up before anyone else and bolted for the elevator. I felt someone grab my arm from behind and pull me back.

"Woah, slow down," Niall said. I turned to look into his blue eyes and felt little comfort. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we all walked towards the elevators together.

When we got inside, I noticed someone was missing.

"Where's Lou?" I questioned, wiping a tear from my eye.