Chapter 12

"What am I gonna do guys?" I asked everyone except Harry after describing the whole situation to

them. Days passed and Louie told Liam everything, who told Zayn, who told Niall. Secrets are clearly not kept around them very well.

Harry was currently at the Chinese Restaurant picking up dinner.

"You're gonna have to tell him sometime." Niall said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I can't hurt him," I said softly, the tears starting to flow. Instantly there were four hands on my back and whispers reassuring me.

"It's better to end it sooner," Zayn said. I looked up at him and his lips formed a tight line.

"What do I say though? I've never done anything like this before." I said.

"Just tell him the truth." Liam said, patting my hand.

"But I can't just drop a bomb like that on Harry." I sniffled, hugging a pillow to my chest. Louie kissed my temple.

"You can do it." he said, then swooped down and muttered "for us." in my ear. I looked up and smiled at him.

"What can you do?" Harry said, suddenly walking in and taking notice to the closeness of his best mates to me. "What's going on?"

I looked at the others who all gave me reassuring looks before turning back to Harry.

"Harry, we need to talk." I said firmly.

"I'm just going to go do a Twitcam, care to join Zayn?" Liam said. They jumped off the couch and dashed up the stairs.

"Boy that Chinese food smells good," Niall commented before taking the bag from Harry and heading for the kitchen.

"I'll just be in my room or something." Louis said, stalking down the hallway.

"What's going on Anna? Why's everyone acting so strange?" Harry asked. I patted the spot next to me and he sat down, taking my hand. I slowly pulled away.

"I made a mistake." I started off. He didn't say anything so I continued on. "When you were in the hospital, I kissed Louis."

The tears already started to pour. Harry hugged me but I pulled away, knowing I needed to stay strong.

"So what does this mean for us?" Harry asked shakily. I shook my head.

"I think it's best if we break up. I can't have these mixed feelings about you guys, it's tearing me apart."

Harry shook his head. "I won't give up that easily." He started off, his voice cracking. "I can offer you more and I'll fight for you and-" I put a finger to his lips.

"Please don't. If you cared about me at all you'd let me go. I don't have the same feelings you do." I whispered.

"I think I knew it all along..." Harry looked down at the ground and bit his lip.

"Knew what?"

"You liked him and he liked you. And here I was being the third wheel."

"Don't think like that," I said, drawing his attention back to me.

"But it's the truth. You guys are perfect for each other and I screwed everything up by getting in the way."

"If it helps, you were the best third wheel I've ever had," I chuckled hoarsely. He gave me a watery smile.

"Thanks. But where does this leave us?" he questioned.

"Well I'd hope to remain friends, but if you don't want to..."