Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I woke up next to Lou two weeks later. We went through the same motions as every day.

"Good morning beautiful," He smiled, kissing me gently before reaching down and placing a hand on my stomach. "And hello William," he added. After he got out of bed we drank coffee and ate pop tarts, I would go take my online college courses while Lou either checked the newspaper or went off for a job interview.

It felt like we were an old married couple.

The day the boys left, I had a little hope they might take Louis with them. We went to say goodbye to the lads and Simon was there. He looked a little disappointed as we hugged the rest of the band.

"It's not too late to change your mind..." Simon said to Lou as we were standing together after the bus had driven away.

"There's nothing that could ever change my mind." Louis hissed back, his arm tightening around my waist protectively.

"What a shame, such good young talent," Simon said forlornly, shaking his head and walking away.

"Don't think anything of it," Lou said, turning towards me and kissing my nose. "I don't need a record label."

"But you need a dream, and because of me you won't get it," I said, looking down. His hand cupped under my chin and forced my eyes to meet his beautiful pale blue ones.

"You are my dream," He whispered, kissing me again.

But, here we are, Lou still looking for a job and me trying to get a degree.

He came home from his latest interview, throwing his jacket on the chair and meeting me in the kitchen, a huge smile on his face.

"Ello Annie!" He called out cheerfully, grabbing an apple from our fruit bowl and taking a bite. I crossed my arms and cocked an eyebrow.

"Why are you in such a good mood?"

"What? Can't a man be happy to come home to his beautiful girlfriend and son?" He asked innocently.

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p' "Now spill"

"Alright alright...I got a job!" He said, picking me up and spinning me around with joy. I laughed, I couldn't help it. Maybe all our problems would be solved!

"That's great!" I said in between kisses. "Where?"

"The hotel on Blaine Street," He said, elated. "It's not much, but they'll pay me to sing in the showroom every night."

I opened my mouth to congratulate him again but he cut me off.

"Wait there's more. They're going to let us have a one bedroom suite so I can be on call whenever necessary!" He said, causing me to squeal with joy. As much as I loved this apartment, it just didn't feel like home.

"When do you start?"

"Next week. We can get moved out by then, right?" He asked, the goofy smile never leaving his face.

"I think that's perfectly doable." I said, pressing my forehead against his and getting on my tippy-toes to kiss him once more.

"We're here!" Lou yelled like a little kid, throwing our bags on the floor and picking me up bridal-style. He kissed me and laid me down on the couch, deepening the kiss.

I heard him fumbling with the buttons on his shirt and I pulled away, breathing heavily.

"No, we aren't doing this tonight." I said firmly. His breath fanned across my face.