I love you

Elieys p.o.v

Scott drove quietly to his house and Jess kept looking at him as if she was having a conversation with him in his head.

I looked coldly outside the window wondering why I had kissed Zack and what explanation I would give Scott about the incident he just saw.

Scott parked the car behind his house and got off, sloshing the door close and walked around his house with Jess following him frantically in the dark.

“Wow” I sighed irritated at how Scott could be such a kid. I mean he never told me that he liked me and he was my trainer then how could he be so pissed at me for kissing someone I like?

I held on to the long sleeves of my jacket, got off the car. My sneakers touched the soft muddy grass below and I slowly shut the car door. Then I walked in the direction Scott and Jess had ran to and saw a small ray of light in the darkness.

Walking towards it I suddenly saw a slim body walking against it towards me.

I caught my breathe and then realised it was Jess.

“Scott… will be fine. Talk to him. I have some work so I’ll be back soon” she smiled.

“No! Don’t leave me alone with him!” I cried scared.

“It will be fine. Trust me, you guys just need some time alone with each other” she patted my arm and then walked passed me disappearing in the darkness.

“Oh god” I looked up to the dark sky closing my eyes and asking for protection from god before Scott would cut me to pieces.

I walked towards the emerging light and into the house.

I guessed he was in the kitchen since I couldn’t notice him anywhere else.

I walked into the kitchen recollecting the last time we were here, he almost had a knife ready to stab me in the chest then god knows what he would do tonight.

“Hi” I spoke as an ice breaker but he didn’t respond to me instead he clung on to his coffee on the table.

I sat down facing him and looking at my hands that were crossed ahead of me on the table and stared at my fingers wondering how to make him talk.

“I’m sorry” I whispered.

He still didn’t move all I could hear was the air going in and out of his mouth.

“Scott” I looked up at him and his dangerous black eyes flickered into mine.

I froze.

“Why are you apologising. Did I say something to you?” he finally spoke harshly.

“No you seem offended by something I did unintentionally so that is why I’m apologising” I said unable to meet his eyes.

“Well whatever ‘things’ you do is your life you don’t need to apologise for it” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Then why do you seem so offended?” I asked losing my cool now with his mixed signals.

“I. Am. Not. Offended. Eliey Colby” he spoke slowly and crisply and that ticked me off.

“Sure. That’s why you’re acting like such a child and sticking your nose up and sitting” I said getting up and then suddenly he grabbed me wrist and pulled me down.

“I’m not a child, you betrayer” he said getting up and coming close to my face and scaring me with his eyes.

“You’re hurting me!! And I’m not a betrayer!” I spat back at his face showing my teeth in anger.