Changes

Scotts p.o.v

“I’m too powerful, if I absorb her mind, I might not able to stop and end up killing her”

These words echoed in my mind as I drove at the speed of 160, watching Eliey with one eye and the road with the other.

I was a danger, did Keith know that? If he did he would use it against me. James was right to ask me why I told Jess to absorb the receptionist’s mind and didn’t do it myself. I was afraid. Years and years of training myself to get the traits of my father out of my personality and this day had to come when I knew, his power was the only way I could defeat another evil mind. Fight fire with fire.

But if Keith fought his fire with mine then that would hurt all the things that I love, it would be bad, it would mean death.

Within the next hour or two we reached Eliey’s house, suddenly screeching the car to a stop.

We rushed out of the car and stared at the front door that was left open.

We ran towards the house but I stopped right before the door.

Eliey looked at me with red eyes, troubled ones, like she felt something bad awaited her.

 “Go in, check what is wrong, I’ll be hearing your thoughts all the time. If you’re in danger all I need is to take a few steps in and save you. Your aunt will not accept me inside and your uncle might take it in a wrong way, they might look at you as if you were rolled on a sheet of broken glass so don’t react much. Go inside be strong” I told her holding her hands in mine.

“But Scott” she hesitated looking at me worried, “What if he’s in there, what if he killed them?” she searched my eyes for an answer.

“He wouldn’t. He wants to make you suffer, he won’t make it so easy on you” I shuddered as I spoke the truth.

“Okay, but you better run in if he catches me or Dia by the neck” she said and pulled her hands away from mine.

Elieys’s p.o.v

Fuck. I didn’t want to get in. Dia held my hand, giving me the courage to take a step inside.

As my boots hit the marble porch I pushed the door open, trying not to breathe, slowly taking a step at a time and then walked inside.

It was quiet.

The house wasn’t a mess. It was clean and tidy and quiet. Too quiet.

Smell of warm cookies filled the air and my breath stopped.

“Everything seems fine” Dia sighed, soothing my mind and patting my hand rhythmically.

We walked further inside when I felt the wind enter from the door and smelt Scotts scent near. I turned around to see if he was behind us but he wasn’t.

“Walk into the hall Eliey, check in there” Scott’s voice whispered in my head and I understood.

“Hall” I whispered to Dia and she nodded. I scanned the cream coloured thin entrance that lead us to the hall. The red carpets and the well-designed ceiling, all seemed intact.

As we walked towards the hall I heard noises of laughter and baked goods being eaten inside. The door was slightly left open and the light radiated from the room. Early this morning who could be baking cookies and laughing so much?

“Do you think it’s Keith inside?” Dia asked through her tensed lips.

“I don’t kno –

“AH Miss Colby” Hop greeted us with a broad smile which made Dia and me almost jump to the roof.

“SHUSH!” I shouted but we were too late.