Fairy-tale Ending - Epilogue

Eliey’s p.o.v

We settled inside my torn down house in the hall after Keith was tied in chains and put in a car, that would take him to a place where all Deams that misused their power were put in.

“I’m sorry Miss Colby” the woman spoke. She looked old, around 50 maybe. She had introduced herself as the current queen to the coven, her name was Adel.

We sat there for hours, talking about how the covens system worked and how my mother got her position in the coven. She said it was more about courage than hereditary. She told me how I possessed a great power like my mother did and that I was next to be queen in the line.

After the talks with Adel, I was introduced to the rest of the 20 coven members, all of a different age. They told me stories of my mother and my father, how she was made queen, how Tenace’s father had to track down my mother so he could train her and show her where her future lied.

It was a long day. Stories went on all day. Some were impossible to believe.

“Scott is a smart man, he asked his sister Jess to call us at 6, if we knew he wanted to give you a shot at a fight we would have come earlier, we wouldn’t risk you both being in danger but well, we were proved wrong. You are as powerful as your mother” Adel praised me.

“I didn’t want Eliey to feel less of herself. I wanted her to know who she was, I wanted to give her a real shot of her abilities” Scott answered to Adel’s talks.

“I didn’t get one thing” I looked at Scott, “You said the champagne was the drug, well whoever drank it, it worked on them but you had a sip of it yourself, didn’t your brain freeze?” I asked him.

“I took a sip, because I knew Keith would use my weakness against you, he knew me well, so I took a sip hoping my brain would freeze a little so I couldn’t use my entire power on you but it didn’t work, this power is like a drug to me, stuck , undefeatable” Scott said, looking away in disgust.

“It’s alright young man, you have a great control. You are nothing like your father, you ought to be proud of yourself!” Adel told him and the rest of the coven agreed.

“I’m glad it’s all over. Although it hurts to know, my aunt and uncle would be hurt more than before” I said feeling really low.

“Actually quite the opposite, after your uncle and aunt and your friends Hop and Dia were recovered from Scott’s house where Jess had kept them safe, we explained them the entire situation and today they no longer have the sadness of having lost Keith in their lives, they finally have the happiness of gaining a woman who can protect them and love them for the rest of their lives” Adel told me.

“It all makes sense now. Then also would you explain your plan clearly to me now” I looked at Scott pleadingly.

“The formulae I had created would work only once it would strike 12. Once it was 12 I went down the stairs, took your aunts, uncles, Dia’s and Hop’s body out of the house and into the jeep, where Jess was in the driver’s seat. She would safely transport them to my house, where Keith would have not been aware of and would be unable to access their brain. I asked Jess to ask the coven to come meet us at 6 am at your house, telling them they would need to come and witness the wrong happening to you and your family right now, and so it happened. This was my plan” Scott smiled, wincing at Jess who was tying a white band around his injured head.

“Smart isn’t it?” Adel laughed and everybody agreed.

It had turned almost evening, with all the cleaning up and everything. Once all the risky situations were cleared, we had called James parents up and told them the tragedy that had taken place among us. The coven came along and helped explain everything. Sitting at Saint Carls Hospital, we held each other’s hands and grieved the loss we had experienced. It was unacceptable to me.