Chapter 35

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

I managed to convince Silver to attend his English class, even if what he said about him feeling weird worried me. I was starting to believe what Skylar said, about him starting to change. The signs were showing bit by bit.

He now had different colors in each eye, which was what a hybrid’s eye should be. His scent was getting intense, making it harder for my control to keep intact. I had to bite him again and again whenever I had the chance to because my wolf was acting strange. His mood swings. His occasional dark aura. Come to think of it, he was starting to act like how he was back at the lake.

And, in the first place, why would Skylar lie about it?

Momentarily cutting off my train of thoughts, I sighed as I stepped on my History class. It’s not that I hated History. Being a werewolf gave me enough time not only to know everything that happened to the world through studying, but also by experiencing it. The wars, the changes, name it. It’s just that, this time I had to deal with humans for two hours. I really can't stand their… infatuation towards my mate.

They were acting like no one has the right to own him. That was quite true, because I didn’t own Silver myself. We were one. End of story.

The room fell silent the moment I opened the door, even the teacher stopped what he was blabbering.

I walked towards him and handed a late slip, which Silver’s English teacher gave me earlier, because of his… convincing. I gave him my schedule too and searched for a vacant seat, not waiting for any response.

Every pair of eyes seemed to be following my every move. There were quite a lot of vacant seats, but I chose the one right beside Caleb. Once I had a closer look at him, he had an irritated look as well. Figures.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked him through our mind link. The teacher didn’t bother making me introduce myself, possibly because they already knew who I was, and continued teaching, if that was how it should be called. To me, he was just reading the book out loud, writing the important terms on the white board every now and then, and asking a student to read the next paragraphs when he had to take a sip of his coffee or a bite of his burger. Just imagine how he looked like.

‘I think my mate rejected me,’ my Beta replied after a while.

‘Zane Taylor?’

He glanced at me from the corner of his eyes, knowing that the teacher will scold us if he faced me completely. ‘That’s his name?’

‘You don’t know?’ I asked, furrowing my brows.

He sighed. ‘He won't even talk to me, let alone answer my questions.’

‘He's Silver’s best friend. Why would you think he rejected you?’

‘He's a warlock. He knows about us werewolves.’

‘Yeah… I remember Silver mentioning he's witch Lerina’s son. Have you told him you're mates?’

‘No.’

‘Then how would you know he rejected you?’

‘He told me, 67 times I counted it, that he's straight, no matter how hot I am.’ He ended with a sigh.

I chuckled. ‘He finds you hot, and you believed he's straight?’

His eyes held confusion for a minute until realization dawned him, making his face lit up. ‘You think I have a chance?’

‘I know you have a chance. Besides, he's been with my mate for far too long. There's no way Silver won't rub off him.’

He drummed his fingers on his desk and tapped his foot on the floor, now eyeing the clock eagerly. He's going to bug the hell out of Zane again the moment the bell rang, I was sure of it.