Chapter 23

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

“Babe, do you and Skylar have known each other before?” I asked right after we closed the front door of my parents’ house. And oh, Skylar had moved out too, about a block away from here. But I think he's staying for dinner. That guy can cook but he's always lazy whenever he steps into the kitchen, to the point that he could sleep in the sink.

Hunter held my hand and interlocked our fingers as we walked. “Yeah, we’ve known each other for about… a year and a half now. You know, pack matters.”

I nodded. “Isn't it odd that you didn’t meet me then?”

He shrugged. “Maybe because I've never thought of going in this town before. It’s too far from my home town after all. Plus, I didn’t know Skylar has a brother.”

I sighed and stopped walking. The moment Hunter stopped as well, I hopped to his back and held on to him for dear life. He chuckled before walking again, holding my legs and arms firmly.

“Has my baby turned into a monkey?”

I nodded, giggling. “A sexy monkey. Don’t forget the sexy.”

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder. He was walking slowly that it felt like he's cradling me. A soft smile settled on my lips as we reached our house. Yes, I just said OUR house. What? He will live here with me from now on! And I will throw a very big tantrum if he won't.

I got off his back once we were on the front door. He got the keys from my pocket and opened it, since I was so lazy to move and all. Hey, like Skylar, like Silver.

We walked inside straight to my room. I flopped myself on the bed and sighed happily, closing my eyes. I heard him entering and shut the door close. He walked towards my nightstand and placed the keys on it.

“There are five more rooms available in this floor, Hunter-babe, and two downstairs. Choose whatever room you want to use. Good night!” I buried my face in my pillow to stifle a yawn.

“You don’t want me here?” my mate asked.

That, I sat up and opened my arms. His shoulders were slightly slumped and he looked… defeated? I chuckled. “Just kidding. Come here.”

I eyed him hungrily, licking my lips, as he removed his clothes until he was only in his boxers. He wiggled his eyebrows yet shook his head as he slid under the covers beside me. I groaned.

I looked at him, pouting, hoping for a positive answer. But he still shook his head, smirking.

“Please?” I asked, using my last resort: begging.

“No,” he said, laughing. “You need to get more rest.”