Chapter 21

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Ah. I fell asleep.

I woke up with Hunter gently shaking me. I stirred a bit before opening my eyes and when I did, his smile was the first one I saw. I could get used to this.

“Is it morning already?” I asked, rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

He chuckled. “No, silly. We have to go downstairs, though. Your family is waiting.”

I quickly sat up. “They’re here?!” And then I noticed my surroundings. “This is my room before I moved out.”

“Yep, Mr. Obvious. Now, shall we go downstairs and have… the talk?” he asked, quoting the last two words in mid-air with his fingers, completely changing the meaning of the emphasized words.

“Aww… I want to. But I'm too lazy…” I extended out my arms to him and grinned, tilting my head to the side.

He groaned. “You're so spoiled!”

“Yep, yep, now stop complaining and carry me!”

“What if I don’t want to? The last time I carried you on my back, you did something out of the blue.”

“Out of the blue?” I looked up at the ceiling and pretended to think of what he was talking about, even if I didn’t forget what it was in the first place. “AH! That? I won't do it again!” I grinned. “For now.”

He eyed me skeptically and then sighing, turned his back to me and crouched down a little. He looked back over his shoulder. “What are you waiting for?”

I pouted. “If you really don’t want to, then I would just crawl. I don’t want to force you.”

“Don’t want to force… pulling the guilty card now?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I huffed and clicked my tongue. And then I surprised him by jumping on his back. His face would have connected to the floor if he used his hand as support a second later.

“Giddy up, wolfie! Giddy up! Giddy up!” I shouted, tapping his thigh for effect.”

“Wolfie?”

“No complaining!”

“You are such a kid, babe.”

“Of course! I am Silver Bullet! Why are you still surprised?”

We went downstairs with me on Hunter’s back. I was tugging his ears while humming. They were red not because they were hurt or something, but because he was turned on. I swear he could get turned on even if I just played with his fingers! I didn't know if I should take that as positive or negative.