Chapter 04

[You cannot miss looking at Hunter's picture on the right! (--->)

Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER FOUR

“So, you're a werewolf,” I said, as nonchalantly as I could so it would be easy for him to explain things.

He looked at me with wide eyes. “You knew?”

I nodded. “It doesn’t take a genius to figure everything out. I mean, I saw those people turning into wolves when I slapped you. And Caleb, Aiden and Stefan kept calling you Alpha. I've read a few things about werewolves and an Alpha means you're their leader or ruler, whatever fits the description.”

He nodded with a small smile. “You're okay with it?”

I scoffed. “Babe, I'm cool with it! It’s actually awesome! Hey, you're the one who saved me from that bear, aren’t you?” He nodded, now looking all grateful when in fact, I should be the one who should be grateful to him. “Can you shift for me now?!”

“Ooohh… I’ll take that as you want to see me shirtless again.”

“Fine! Don’t!” I huffed.

He chuckled, his chest vibrating. “I can't shift now, Silver-babe. I don’t want to ruin my shirt.”

“Yeah, right.” I shove a waffle in his mouth.

He chewed it quickly. “About us being mates—“

“You. Me. Together. As long as we’re breathing,” I said, cutting him off. “At first, when I heard you calling me ‘mate’, I thought you only meant ‘friend’, like English people. But I can't find the accent in any of you, so that just strengthened my hunch of you being werewolves.” He nodded and I pecked his lips, sighing loudly. “I really am lucky.”

“So am I,” he replied, brushing off my fringe that was threatening to cover my eyes.

“Hunter, you do know that I still have to go back home, right?”

His smile dropped. “You won't stay here with me?”

I stopped eating and shifted in my seat, which was his lap, so I could face him completely. “I can't just leave my family like that. Plus, I've already been gone for three days.”

“Well… if that’s the case, I would be the one coming with you then.” I looked at him incredulously, resulting for him to rush out words for his defense. “Silver, I can't be without you now. If you leave me, you're going to take my sanity with you.”

“But… but… what about your pack?”