Chapter 32

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

I woke up late for two reasons.

One, I forgot to set my alarm clock. Most of the time I didn’t need it because I depended on my body clock. But it happened that both failed today.

The second hit was, I didn’t get enough sleep… because Hunter wasn’t by my side. It felt like my bed wasn’t comfortable anymore if he's not there, sleeping beside me. But that didn’t mean that I would forgive him. Not yet.

So, using the remaining thirty minutes I had to the fullest, I did all my morning rituals. I took a shower for five minutes, which was a record, and brushed my teeth for two. I chose to wear today a pair of gray skinnies, white tank top and a blue long-sleeved hoodie that was slightly big for me that at some point it exposed my shoulder. I messed my hair for a bit but what I saw in the mirror almost made me scream.

My eyes changed color. I mean, my left remained blue… but now my right had turned green.

Just like Skylar’s eyes. But my brother’s left was green, and his right blue. Then what's the meaning of this? Why now? Why not since birth like my brother? Ugh…

I didn’t want people to notice my sudden eye color changing. They would give a fuss over this trivial thing, unless I told them I magically fancied wearing contacts, which they knew I honestly didn’t. So, I brushed my hair in a way that most of it was in my right side, thus covering my right eye. I sprayed my fingertips with hairspray and used them to mess my hair at the back part. I winked at my reflection once I was done. What? At least I didn’t flex my muscles like some people I knew did.

The blue streaks of my now white blonde hair brought out my electric blue left eye more.

I wonder what Hunter was now doing? Was he already awake? Was he actually waiting for me to wake him up? Maybe not. He knew I was mad.

Glancing up to my wall clock, it said that I still had ten minutes left. Wow, I didn’t know I could sexify myself that fast. I applied some guyliner, just enough to outline my eyes, and then an idea dawned me. Hmm… where did I put my face paints?

I opened one of the drawers in my dresser and took out the box where I kept my face paints. I took out the green and the black, and started doodling on my left eye.

I drew a wing of a butterfly, a green one at that, with black as its outline and swirls. And then I flipped back down my hair so it got covered. That will be a surprise to those who would care brush my fringe off my face, a half green butterfly with my now green left eye.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and dialed my mother’s number. After two rings, she answered my call with a, “Pumpkin!”

I chuckled. “Gosh, I want my eardrums the way they are.” I heard a huff as a response. “Anyways, are you with Daddy now? Is he even awake yet?”