Chapter 20

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWENTY

Hunter must’ve felt the sudden change in my mood because he hugged me sideways, pulling me closer. “Baby, don’t be sad. They didn’t know you would come home now. They might have been gone searching for you or something.”

I looked up at him. I could feel the corners of my eyes warming up. I missed my family. It has been more than a week since I last saw them. “Are you sure? I mean, why would they leave the front door unlocked? And…”

“C'mon.” He held my hand and pulled me towards the couch. He motioned for me to lay down and when I did, he sat on the other end so my head was on his lap. He started running his fingers through my hair and it relaxed me a bit. “Let’s wait for them, yeah?”

I nodded and closed my eyes. I flinched when the door slammed close as the wind blew stronger, as if reminding me that they weren’t home. We forgot to close it. He reached for my hand and kissed it. How much deeper was he planning to make me fall for him?

We spent our time waiting by talking just every random thing that came into our heads. We played twenty questions so we could get to know each other more. You know, the favorite’s, like’s and dislike’s, realizing that all we knew of each other was basically just our names. We talked about our families and past. I found out that before he met me, he was straight. I admit that it made me feel guilty because, you know, I can't give him a child of his own. It was common sense that having a child was a necessity to continue the Alpha lineage. When I told him I knew I was gay all along and had boyfriends before, he got jealous again. I teased him of course, like I would pass such an opportunity, and it was cute seeing him like that!

“Hunter?”

“Hmm?”

“Aren’t you regretting that I am your mate?” I bit my tongue. Why did I ask that?!

He stopped brushing my hair. I looked up at him and he was scowling. “Why would you think that, Silver?”

I sat up, looking down. I couldn't face him. I didn’t want to look in his eyes because I might see answers in there that might break my heart. “I mean… I'm not a girl. I can't give birth. I can't give you a child and—“

“So what?! That’s nonsense!” He scoffed, disbelief present in his voice. “Are you doubting my love for you, Silver?”

“No!” I immediately looked up and winced as I saw the look in his face: hurt. “I'm sorry…”

A moment of silence hung up in the air before he sighed. He pulled me to sit on his lap and held me close. I buried my face in his chest, preparing for the possibilities of his next words.

“Listen here, Silver.” He didn’t continue until I nodded. “You. Are. Unbelievable!” I flinched. He cupped my face and made me look straight into his eyes. My lips were quivering and his face softened. “I love you. How many times should I say it, show it, prove it before you keep in mind that I don’t care if you don’t have a vagina?” I couldn’t help but giggle, making him furrow his brows. “What?”