Chapter 30

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER THIRTY

Ever since we got home from the pack house yesterday, Hunter had been bugging me to quit my job up until now when he remembered those magazines. I didn’t know how. I really thought he forgot everything about it.

Later on I found out that when he was out for a run, he passed by a group of girls gushing over the last release of Eye Candy, which happened to be the one I covered with me in that Greek God outfit taken before summer vacation. Once he got home, he started bitching me about it.

And my patience was wearing off.

“Babe, just call your boss and say you quit! As simple as that!” That he said right by my ear. Out loud.

I stopped cutting meat and placed the knife on the counter with an unintended force. You see, I wasn’t being lazy today and decided to make our dinner, which was a rarity. I turned around and faced him, scowling. “And I told you god knows how many times now, Hunter, it’s not that easy!”

“How so?” He kicked one of the cupboards placed under the counter, which left a dent.

“You will fix that!”

“I will! Don’t change the topic!” He crouched down and tapped the dent the opposite way and just like that, the cupboard was back to normal. Now he decided that his point would be more convincing if he pouted.

“You're being a child, Hunter.” I tiredly leaned my weight on the counter. “The place I work at only opens during school days because all of us employees there are students. Except for the owner who believed that we should enjoy our summer, so we were not working now. And classes won't start until the day after tomorrow. I can't go there to give my resignation letter. But I can't just call either to do what you want. It’s impolite.”

“You could at least try.” That was the calmest voice he had since this argument started. Shoulders hunched dejectedly, he went out of the kitchen.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. Who would’ve thought that Hunter had this side in him? I would’ve find it cute, at some point I actually did, but not when it came to the extent that he was throwing tantrums!

So I quickly resumed what I was doing, making a mental note to follow him. After putting the casserole on the stove and making sure that I could leave the kitchen for a few minutes or so, I walked towards where my boyfriend was sulking. Again.

I found him sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow with half of his face buried in it. He was watching Glee reruns, and that meant something because I knew how much he hated the show. I removed the pillow and plopped myself on his lap instead. I knew he wasn’t really watching so it was okay even if I was blocking the telly.

Cooking wasn’t that easy. I was about to wipe a few beads of sweat on my forehead but he beat me to it. He still had that gloomy face though. I sighed. “Alright, Hunter, I’ll call my boss. But I can't assure you that he will let me quit.”