Chapter 18

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Were you wondering what in the world happened to my phone? Well, if you could remember, I was supposed to go camping with my family before I got lost, got attacked by a bear, and so on. And my older brother, being very sweet and caring to me, carried my things so I won't get tired. My phone was in my bag so yeah, you get the picture.

Now, we were currently on our way to my house in Hunter’s sleek black car. I didn’t know much about cars even if my life depended on it. I knew how to drive, though. Well, now, he was the one driving while I, according to him, was ‘distracting’ him.

The car swerved a little when I slid my hand inside his shirt and played with his to-die-for abs. Good thing the road wasn’t jammed and he had great control in driving.

He hissed and glared at me shortly. “Silver, stop doing that.”

“But I'm bored…”

“Take a nap?”

“I don’t wanna…” I tried touching him again but pulled my hand back right away when he glared at me again.

“Of all the things you could do to get rid of your boredom, do you really have to choose the one that affects me the most?!”

“Gosh, Hunter, you don’t have to shout!” Did I mention I hated it when people shouted at me?

Before he could have the chance to say anything, I turned my back to him and did my best to shrink myself. I brought my knees up to my chest that it touched my chin and hugged my legs. I buried my face in it and decided to ignore him.

Was it my fault that it felt so wrong not to touch him? It’s not like I can help it…

“Silver…”

I inched closer to the car door and sank deeper in my seat, away from him.

“Babe, I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to shout, alright?”

I still ignored him, until it came to the point that he stopped the car. I think he pulled over to the side because I could still hear cars passing us. But, so what if he did stop the car? I was the one who was hurt. Not the car.

I heard him sigh. And then the next thing I knew, I was being lifted and placed on my favorite seat in the whole world: Hunter’s lap. Still, I didn’t budge, nor gave off any sound. I had to stay determined of ignoring him! Even if his touch was already taking effect on me… ugh! Did I say I could feel his hot breath at the back of my neck? Don’t get affected, Silver! Don’t get affected! FOCUS!

“Silver, please talk to me…” He rubbed my back. My hug on my knees was weakening and I just wanted to wrap my arms around his neck instead, but I stayed stubborn. I heard him sigh again and dropped his hands to his sides, resting his forehead on my shoulder. “I don’t want us like this. I'm really sorry that I shouted at you. I just don’t want us getting into an accident, especially you getting hurt. Please, baby, please forgive me? Talk to me already. Look at me? Or at least just turn around and face me…”