Chapter 14

[Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A week.

My beautiful mate, Silver, had been unconscious for a whole week since that incident at the lake. And to say that I was worried would be the biggest understatement of the year.

It wasn’t like he's in some kind of a comatose because he often stirred and cried in his sleep. I chose to follow Skylar’s advice not to leave his side. I let Caleb take care of everything for the meantime.

Silver’s hair remained blonde, almost white, with the same blue streaks. The lines were gone and when I checked his whole body for wounds, scratches, bruises or any form of anything that might be the reason why he's still not waking up, all I found were mole-sized dots in his wrists, inner ankles, and behind his ears. Dots that I was sure were not there before.

I only left our bed when I had to use the bathroom or get some food, and then I would eat inside our room. I didn’t sleep since that day, not even a blink. Not that I could, anyway. I watched him, waiting for him to wake up. That he would look at me with those electric blue, with specs of green, eyes of him, instead of seeing it closed and leaking with tears. That I could hear his voice soon, him calling my name, instead of his whimpers that only a bad dream could cause.

“Hunter…”

That’s right. That sweet velvety voice that could easily lull me to sleep.

“Hunter…”

His hands that were gently cupping my cheeks as if I was the most fragile thing in the world, which I obviously wasn’t, since that would be him.

“Hunter!”

His eyes that were looking at me oh-so-lovingly like I was the only person he wanted to be with for all eternity.

“HUNTER!”

That giggle that was music to my ears and was just simply adorable.

“HUUUNN!!! TEEERR!!!” Huh? “Oh my fuck, what's happening to you?!”

I quickly sat up from the bed I was laying on just a second ago. I rubbed my eyes and blinked several times to make sure my vision was clear. I slapped myself, in both cheeks to make sure that I wasn’t dreaming, making him let out another giggle. Still, I asked, “Am I dreaming?”

When he nodded, I almost made another nasty hole in the wall out of frustration, if only he didn’t calm me down with his laugh and arms that were pulling me back to his side. I gladly obliged and enveloped him in my arms, hugging him damn tight that even me had trouble breathing myself. I didn’t care.

“You're awake…”

“No shit, Sherlock.” I could imagine him rolling his eyes. “Actually, I'm just sleep-talking with my eyes open.” Before he could say another sarcastic remark, I kissed him all over his face. He giggled and tried to get away from me. Nah. Not a chance. “Ew! Your saliva! Your saliva! Ew! Hunter!” I gave him quick and consecutive pecks on the lips to silence him but still he managed to say in between, ”Why are you kissing me as if the last time you did was ages ago?”

He cupped my face to stop me for a moment. He looked at me straight in the eyes that nearly made me break down in front of him. “Please don’t do that again, Silver. Do you know how worried I was?! You were asleep for seven fucking days! So shut up and let me kiss you as much as I want!” And then I resumed what I was doing with his hands still on my cheeks.

“A whole week? Hmm… at least you didn’t take advantage of me in my sleep.”

I stopped and raised an eyebrow, mock hurt plastered on my face. “You seriously thought of me like that?”