Chapter 05

[Silver on the right! (--->)

Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER FIVE

Hunter tensed up, even his breathing got slightly heavy. He had that frightening scowl on his face when I looked at him. I rubbed his arm, the one around my waist, and he, thank God, calmed down.

“And? What did they want, Jack?” Hunter asked.

“They said they are in search of someone and they are giving their best apologies to us. They wanted to say it directly to you but I told them it’s fine.” Oh, so Jack there had a good heart, too. Not bad.

Hunter nodded. “Did they tell you who were they searching for? We could help them.” Aww… my Hunter was so kind! I didn’t get why he tensed up earlier, though.

“No, Alpha, they don’t know the name. All they have was his scent. They said it’s their Alpha’s younger brother who has gone missing three days ago.”

This time, I was the one who tensed up. But, it’s not like it’s me, right? I mean, yeah, I was a male and I had been here for three days now, according to them. And yeah, I had an older brother, but he's not a werewolf!

Hunter didn’t seem to notice that and just continued talking to Jack, which I missed since I was again zoning out.

I noticed that Stefan was looking at me like he wanted to tell me something. People were now having conversations of their own about random things. I looked at Hunter and saw him staring at me, smiling.

“What?” I asked.

He shook his head. “You're so cute when you're thinking.”

I huffed. “Cute? I'm not a girl!” He just laughed at me.

“But, Silver!” said Caleb. He's now walking towards us, together with Aiden and Stefan. “Technically, you're our female Alpha now. Our LUNA.”

“No! I'm not a female! Ugh! Just because I am gay doesn’t mean—WHATEVER!” I crossed my arms and pouted.

“Aww… our LUNA is now pissed! Hunter, do something! We don’t want our LUNA crying HER eyes out!” Aiden added.

I ignored them when they all laughed. And by all, that included Hunter. Some mate he was.

“Wait, guys, so you're okay with me having a male mate, let alone being gay?” Hunter asked. “I don’t care what other people say, even our pack members. If they cannot accept me, us, being gay, then they could just fuck off and leave my pack,” he said the last part loudly. And, even though they didn’t show it, the rest of the pack listened and chose what’s best for them. “But, you three, your opinion matters to me. You are my best friends.”